FREE Wi-Fi Nassau - CONFIRMED

elliotoakley

I was in Nassau on the RCI Enchantment of the Seas on September 24, 2014. The ship was there from 07:00 to 23:59. Yikes!

As someone who has been to Nassau many times on cruises I wanted to test out all the Wi-Fi hot spots people on this site mention. Here is the best of what I found.....

BEST SPOT = On the Pier

NAME = Festival Place A

When you get off the ship you are still quite away from solid land. You walk along a long pathway and as you approach land you can pick up a good signal from the cruise ship administration office and it was free / open. Also a good solid signal. I used the Magic Jack App on my phone to call free back to America.

YOU DO NOT have to go in to the port and get sucked into "Can I brade your hair honey?" or "taxi, taxi, taxi". You can stay in the safety and comfort of the pier walkway. The best spot was by this shaded sign (see picture). Also a good spot was under this tall sign (see picture)

I stayed along the pier through the security check point and felt safe. Funny part is watching thousands of people walk passed all staring at you while you are facebooking and all that.

NUMBER THREE = This blue bench (see picture)

NAME = Waterfront Wi-Fi

Walk out of the Nassau Pier, turn right. Walk all the way to the end and you will get to Senior Frogs Bar. Turn left. The next building is this office park with a set of blue benches and super turbo Wi-Fi. We are talking video-streaming turbo fast! And it was FREE. The downside is that it was in the direct sun = HOT!!!. Also located along a public sidewalk so any random person including a bad guy might see you and your iPad knowing full well that you are some tourist and let's just say it's not good to stand out in a foreign country. I never saw any such persons but it was sort of quiet and away from the view of the ships so unless you have major video streaming to do this blue bench would be a secondary choice to the pier itself.

NUMBER THREE = Dunkin Donuts

It's free but the problem is that since it's air conditioned lots of people flock to this location and as a result = slow speeds. Email was fine but facebook and all that was no good!

20140924_110848.jpg.56b2559caa922c2e24fff07edc25a1f2.jpg

20140924_111030.jpg.a79fbd76cd3ea00ff998ecdf68cf4889.jpg

10378554_10203388588650347_7785183138610674294_n.jpg.7e3648503593d11be2e6b5c9537fb0bf.jpg

My experiences at Senior frogs is if you walk up to the bar and ask them for a wifi code they will give you one...its good for an hour and it was free. I opted to buy a drink and sit down at a table by the water the last time I was there...walked up to the bar and then asked for a code. No one hassled me here and wifi worked fine to check my email and FB account.

great useful post for first timers thats for sure :)