Charley's Taxi Service

wandergal

Has anyone used Charley's Taxi for transport from the airport to a Waikiki hotel or from the hotel to the cruise port? If so, I'd like to know if you found his service reliable? Or were there any problems?

I'm thinking about pre-booking with him for transport to our hotel when we arrive and to the cruise port - just the taxi service, not the M & G service.

We didn't use Charley's so I can't comment on that. I will say that they had the most taxis in the airport and port area. Their rates are higher than some of the smaller companies, that will negotiate a flat rate. Be sure to ask for a flat rate, and find out if they charge extra for baggage.

(FYI We paid $23 from HNL to Wakiki - and $10 from hotel to port, $20 port to airport)

We didn't use Charley's so I can't comment on that. I will say that they had the most taxis in the airport and port area. Their rates are higher than some of the smaller companies, that will negotiate a flat rate. Be sure to ask for a flat rate, and find out if they charge extra for baggage.

(FYI We paid $23 from HNL to Wakiki - and $10 from hotel to port, $20 port to airport)

Did you book in advance? If so, who did you use? Thank you.

For the airport arrival to hotel, I booked online in advance with Hawaii23 (the flat rate of $23+tip). I gave them my flight info and received a confirmation. When we got to the designated pick up spot, they were not there, so I called. Apparently there was a mix-up, so he sent Mike 808-393-0907 (Green Cab). We called Mike for our other transportation needs. He was very personable and his rates were better than others I saw posted. He even took us to a lookout over Honolulu at no extra charge. If you decide to call Mike, tell him the couple from Florida recommended him.

For the airport arrival to hotel, I booked online in advance with Hawaii23 (the flat rate of $23+tip). I gave them my flight info and received a confirmation. When we got to the designated pick up spot, they were not there, so I called. Apparently there was a mix-up, so he sent Mike 808-393-0907 (Green Cab). We called Mike for our other transportation needs. He was very personable and his rates were better than others I saw posted. He even took us to a lookout over Honolulu at no extra charge. If you decide to call Mike, tell him the couple from Florida recommended him.

Thank you. Will call him before we leave home and make arrangement. We are from Florida too.

I would be cautious with Hawaii23. There have been several posts lately about them not responding to emails (I was one of them).

When I couldn't get Hawaii23 to respond, I emailed JohnnyCab and he responded immediately and got it all set up.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

I would be cautious with Hawaii23. There have been several posts lately about them not responding to emails (I was one of them).

When I couldn't get Hawaii23 to respond, I emailed JohnnyCab and he responded immediately and got it all set up.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

I was a little worried about hawaii23 after reading some of the posts so I booked Johnnycab for transportation to hotel, then to port for our October cruise. I was surprised how fast he responded, one response was within an hour.

I emailed Johnny's cab to pick us up at the dock after our cruise to take us to Hilton and he told me it would be easier just to get any cab when we got the ship because there are so many taxis waiting. He said if you don't know the exact time you will get off it would be hard to meet. We will not have a cell phone with us to call. What are your opinions? Should we just take our changes once we get off the ship. We have made plans to be picked up at 12:30 pm at the Hilton to take us to the Polynesian Cultural Centre. I am a bit nervous not having a ride ready as I do like to have everything booked.

I emailed Johnny's cab to pick us up at the dock after our cruise to take us to Hilton and he told me it would be easier just to get any cab when we got the ship because there are so many taxis waiting. He said if you don't know the exact time you will get off it would be hard to meet. We will not have a cell phone with us to call. What are your opinions? Should we just take our changes once we get off the ship. We have made plans to be picked up at 12:30 pm at the Hilton to take us to the Polynesian Cultural Centre. I am a bit nervous not having a ride ready as I do like to have everything booked.

I see his point. He's in the transportation business and time spent waiting around is lost income.

It seems like there are a million cabs waiting around at departure, and a lot go to Waikiki, so it should be super easy.

He told me the same for after the cruise so we booked transportation through Roberts to go to airport (1/2 the price of NCL). Roberts also does transportation from cruise pier to hotels if you want to check that out but taking a cab would be fast since so many lined up outside the terminals.

Thank you for your replies. I guess I will take my chances and try to get a taxi when we get off. I usually want to have absolutely everything booked and ready but I hope this way works for us. Most people say it should not be a problem.

I wouldn't be concerned. Yes there are a lot of cabs waiting. Charley's has the "contract" with the port (what I mean is that they are authorized to enter); others wait outside the security gate. It's a short walk to outside the gate and there are shade trees you can wait under. We did it with 4 pieces of luggage. You might pay a little more using a cab that's there than if you pre-book. That's about it.

As far as getting off the ship, you select your time, with 9:15 being the latest. I will write a topic on this.