Help Choosing which Haven Cabin (NCL Escape)

LegalCat

So I'm going to book a Haven cabin on the NCL Escape and I'm having a hard time deciding which to choose...

I like the in suite whirlpool in the spa haven suite and of course you get access to the spa perks... but its a smaller size room (309 sq ft).....

The Haven Aft Balcony has a great sized room at 534 sq ft but I understand the Haven amenities will be forward, so there is a distance disadvantage with the AFT cabin...

So I was thinking about the Forward Facing Balcony which is 451 sq ft and would be closer...

OR...

The Haven Courtyard Penthouse with Balcony... This one ranges from 328-540 and snagging one of the larger rooms..

On the Deck Plan PDF, the Haven Courtyard Penthouse with Balcony says it is "located IN the courtyard"... where as the others say they have "access to" the courtyard... so I'm not sure what the implications are there....

This is for a short 3 day cruise with 1 sea day and 1 port day where we would likely stay on the ship.... Any thoughts would be appreciated... this would be first time Haven....

The larger Courtyard Penthouses are handicapped suites. We currently have one booked, but I am seriously considering dropping down to a mini. The Haven perks do not interest us in the least. Anyway, the Forward facing suites are not in the Haven itself. Not sure if that matters to you or not.

The H7 forward facing penthouse cabins on the Breakaway/Getaway are very nice. We stayed in one this past year and really liked it.

We stayed in the Haven Spa suite on the Epic and Breakaway. When on the Epic, we used the spa a lot. On the Breakaway, we were busy with other activities and never got our use out of it.

Because this is a short cruise with 1 sea day and 1 day in port where we probably would not get off the ship, I really want a great room and expect that we would really take advantage of the Haven perks... we do like to sit out on the balcony, so a bigger balcony would be nice... but I feel like if we had the spa we would also get use out of that... ugh so many choices... I'm not really sure what "In" Haven means.. its just a particular bank of rooms restricted to Haven guests by a key card, and I assume easier to get to the Haven amenities?

Rooms in the Haven are physically located in the Haven section of the ship, while suites with access to the Haven are located in other areas of the ship, but have a key card that allows the guests to access the Haven pool, etc. Depending upon your suite, a Haven access suite may be very close to the Haven ... Or not. You have equivalent access, but may have to walk to get to the amenities.

Some guests speculate that they have better butler service when they are in the Haven, however, others feel that their service has been equally good in other locations.

It can be difficult to decide, but either cabin will be very nice:).

Aft facing penthouses are cheaper, forwards and in the actual haven have more expense per ft2, as convenient charge. Being in the haven stops 2/3 of pests. only patient, clever ones can get through the concierge and up the elevator and hit the bellbox before they are sent back.

imgur is giving me issues, or i would show you the target of these teens, they are horrible.

Once I saw a successful stop after ringing, which I was happy, as the kid failed to return.

I have fallen victim once to someone getting through, as they taunted me and called me a pussy and I went in to elevator, he exchanged spots with me, and he got away with it, while the attempt was useless cause I was the intended target.

Before I talk about that more, I close.

Rooms in the Haven are physically located in the Haven section of the ship, while suites with access to the Haven are located in other areas of the ship, but have a key card that allows the guests to access the Haven pool, etc. Depending upon your suite, a Haven access suite may be very close to the Haven ... Or not. You have equivalent access, but may have to walk to get to the amenities.

Some guests speculate that they have better butler service when they are in the Haven, however, others feel that their service has been equally good in other locations.

It can be difficult to decide, but either cabin will be very nice:).

@p2

I find the same thing to happen to me, with poor, even terrible service sometimes, and excellent others, with the same results as the half that speculate that the butler service is worse outside of the haven.

Aft facing penthouses are cheaper, forwards and in the actual haven have more expense per ft2, as convenient charge. Being in the haven stops 2/3 of pests. only patient, clever ones can get through the concierge and up the elevator and hit the bellbox before they are sent back.

imgur is giving me issues, or i would show you the target of these teens, they are horrible.

Once I saw a successful stop after ringing, which I was happy, as the kid failed to return.

I have fallen victim once to someone getting through, as they taunted me and called me a pussy and I went in to elevator, he exchanged spots with me, and he got away with it, while the attempt was useless cause I was the intended target.

Before I talk about that more, I close.

??? I am sorry... I didn't understand this post at all...

We love the Haven Aft Penthouse. We have stayed both in the Haven area (PH), Spa Suite and the Aft Penthouse. By far our best experience has been the Aft Penthouse. It provides you with the best of both worlds. The aft penthouse on Breakaway, Getaway and the new Escape (we hope) have some of the best balconies. You also have very little foot traffic at the very back of the ship. Yes you need to walk to get to Haven area but the exercise helps burn off all the food and drink intake! Last but not least - we have experienced some significant attitude with some of the Haven guest - so staying in the aft gives us a break from some of the attitudes we have encountered. We have booked a Haven Aft PH for the Escape TA and can't wait for the experience.

• 2 weeks later...

We had a Haven Spa Suite on our last cruise on the Getaway. We really loved the room and the wood floors and having access to the spa, but didn't like that it wasn't actually in the Haven. We spent a lot of time at the pool and in the lounge, and it wasn't a close walk to the room if you forgot something. There was a completely different feel inside the Haven area compared to the rest of the ship. We have the Escape booked for December 2015 and have booked a Haven Courtyard Penthouse. Looking forward to being a few steps away from the restaurant, lounge, and pool area.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...
We love the Haven Aft Penthouse. We have stayed both in the Haven area (PH), Spa Suite and the Aft Penthouse. By far our best experience has been the Aft Penthouse. It provides you with the best of both worlds. The aft penthouse on Breakaway, Getaway and the new Escape (we hope) have some of the best balconies. You also have very little foot traffic at the very back of the ship. Yes you need to walk to get to Haven area but the exercise helps burn off all the food and drink intake! Last but not least - we have experienced some significant attitude with some of the Haven guest - so staying in the aft gives us a break from some of the attitudes we have encountered. We have booked a Haven Aft PH for the Escape TA and can't wait for the experience.

I couldn't agree more! I am booked on the Escape for a Haven Aft PH (H6). We have done a BA and 3 GA cruises in these same cabins and its the best of both worlds. The cabin is amazing..... the balcony is amazing.... the service is amazing. We had breakfast, lunch and dinner in suite/on balcony multiple times and received the highest level of attention. We walk up the the Haven itself and spend hours there as well, but nothing beats the amazing balconies aft!