Have you done karoake on FOS?!

• 1 month later...
We will be on FOS in 6 weeks and love to sing. I have heard there are two spots, anyone try them out?

I was wondering the same. I do know they have karaoke almost, if every night on stage and they have 2 private karaoke booths.

I was curious as to what the song list was like.....:D

We will be on FOS in 6 weeks and love to sing. I have heard there are two spots, anyone try them out?

On FOS, there are two karaoke booths where you can karaoke in private when ever you want. There are also the usual karaoke times in the schedule for the masses.

Sent from iPhone using Cruise Critic App

Hopefully it will be up to date!

OMG....I just noticed you only have 2 days on your countdown! I hope you have a fabulous trip....wish I was going....lol

Hopefully you can come back and report on the karaoke in more detail? :D

We were on in June and they had karaoke numerous evenings in "On Air". Also two private booths. I was disappointed in the short time that it lasted each time. It was one of my faves and I would have loved to see it last longer each night. I don't sing, but I enjoy watching others. Sign up right when you get there. You might want to check out the selections earlier in the day, they are on an electronic board on the wall. Have a great trip!!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

karaoke was always a blast on Freedom! I do wish the hours were longer - it seemed like there were always more people wanting to sing. I will say that I wasn't impressed with the song selection. They only had ONE (!!) Journey song! (It wasn't even Don't Stop Believin' - it was Lights. Weird! I really wanted to sing Separate Ways!)

• 2 weeks later...

ALOHA 43, no, out of 25 songs I sing and about 60 my husband sings they had 1 of mine and 2 of his. And we watched dozens and dozens of people walk away after not finding theirs. Very disappointed. When people heard people singing it drew a huge crowd who had to just leave because of only 3 singers. Also it was scheduled at 11:30 pm IF it was scheduled at all!

ALOHA 43, no, out of 25 songs I sing and about 60 my husband sings they had 1 of mine and 2 of his. And we watched dozens and dozens of people walk away after not finding theirs. Very disappointed. When people heard people singing it drew a huge crowd who had to just leave because of only 3 singers. Also it was scheduled at 11:30 pm IF it was scheduled at all!

Wow...that sounds awful. On the Grand Princess, they had a book that was at least 5 inches thick. Thousands and thousands(and thousands!) of songs. And a lot of the songs were duplicated by which artist did it. There were so many songs that even if they were to let you take the book for the whole cruise and read it the whole time....you would never finish it.

Do you know if they would allow us to bring our own cd?

Did you make it into the karaoke booths? If so, how were they?

Did you happen to notice if Rock this town was on the list? (That's the one my husband wants to do the most.)

My wife & I do karaoke frequently on the ships. I can't recall ever having trouble with the selections. We do some of the standard songs. I thought they had a fair selection of country. On Freedom as the others said sometimes the times were short and if there were a lot of kids on the ship they really dominated the time on the family karaoke times.

Karoake bars here are at 9, not 11:30. They did not have a book, it was a electronic menu, search by artist or song. Even the girl in charge said their selection was not much. Did not get to use booths, could never find anyone. There were a few kids hours. Do not know if they had rock this town. I sing country. No miranda, LBT, Lady A, carrie underwood, Reba, kraus, sarah evans, no Fleetwood mac to speek of. Very little neil diamond even that my husband sings. There was a girl there looking for at least a dozen pop songs while I waited in line behind her, she never found a single one on her list. There were 3 singers That sang 2 songs ea. So they ended it.