Good water proof / resistant camera

And for the U/W cameras, what I've found on research is that the Pentax WG-3/4 and Olympus TG-2/3 are the best for U/W because of the low Fstop of 2.0. The other vendors are all in the 3.0 to 3.9 range for the low end F-stop. Yes, these two cameras do cost more than the others but because of the lower end, will do much better in the low light conditions of U/W.

Wow everyone! Thanks for all the great feedback. I am going to research all of these cameras. I will let you all know what I end up with, and plan on doing a review of the cruise which will include the underwater pictures from whatever camera I decide! Thanks again!!!!:D:D:D:D

I've actually done a LOT of research on the various cameras including he GoPro. For "movies", this is the way to go; but there are other vendors now coming out with similar products. As a camera, not as good unless you get some of the "additional options".

What additional options can you get for the GoPro to improve its still images? I just picked up the GoPro 4 Black for its video capabilities, but I'm all about getting the best photo quality from it as well.