Miracle to Hawaii 9/18/14 to 10/4/14 with pics

There was no rhyme nor reason to the pics we took of the ship. This was our 4th time on the Miracle though & I did a review from our Alaskan cruise on the Miracle in 2013 with LOTS of photos of the ship & they are much better pics than the ones we took this time.

232323232%7Ffp93232%3Eydnjthgqubwsnrcgu884%3B%3Enu%3D3%3A78%3E296%3E699%3E2%3B6929678%3A233ot1lsi

232323232%7Ffp93232%3Eydnjthgqubwsnrcgu%3B548%3Enu%3D3%3A78%3E296%3E68%3B%3E2%3B6929677%3C233ot1lsi

232323232%7Ffp93232%3Eydnjthgqubwsnrcgu4238%3Enu%3D3%3A78%3E296%3E687%3E2%3B69296778233ot1lsi

The water was like glass that night!

232323232%7Ffp93232%3Eydnjthgqubwsnrcgu49%3A8%3Enu%3D3%3A78%3E296%3E6%3C3%3E2%3B692967%3B4233ot1lsi

Hey Juli,

Your review and pics are fantastic! No need to apologize for not taking careful notes. We finally had our civic election that we've been so involved with ever since we got home on Saturday. Great results but sure glad it's over.

Hope that leg of yours is getting better. In the new year, it would be great if your friends on our October cruise want to share e-mail addresses. Of course, I'm still hoping you two will book at least one leg of it. But you're on the Triumph in January so we'll get all the ship info from you.

Cheers, Jacquie (Don too)

We stopped at a beach next that we thought was Big (Makena) Beach but now we are not so sure so if anybody recognizes the beach in these pics & knows for sure where we were please let me know!

[snip]

232323232%7Ffp93232%3Eydnjthgqubwsnrcgu%3C%3A38%3Enu%3D3%3A66%3E738%3E589%3E2%3B5773867%3A233ot1lsi

You're right, that is Makena Beach. In the picture above you can see the Molokini Crater behind you. :cool:

Thanks for giving this Hawaii junkie a temporary fix until I get to go back! Your pictures brought back many happy memories.

Hey Juli, Your review and pics are fantastic! No need to apologize for not taking careful notes. We finally had our civic election that we've been so involved with ever since we got home on Saturday. Great results but sure glad it's over.

Hope that leg of yours is getting better. In the new year, it would be great if your friends on our October cruise want to share e-mail addresses. Of course, I'm still hoping you two will book at least one leg of it. But you're on the Triumph in January so we'll get all the ship info from you.

Cheers, Jacquie (Don too)

Hi Jacquie, Thanks! Glad the election went well. I am in full elf mode with the Christmas charity I am involved with. Craziness long days but very rewarding! :)

Robin & John are great & we love to cruise with them but I think we are leaning towards doing a B2B on the Conquest out of Fort Lauderdale in October.

We are on the Triumph February 20th from San Juan to Galveston. My daughter & son-in-law are booking the February 9th cruise though from Galveston to San Juan with the same itinerary as yours except their cruise goes to Dominica instead of Martinique so I will get the scoop for you! :D They will be getting off the ship as we get on!

Hugs, Juli

You're right, that is Makena Beach. In the picture above you can see the Molokini Crater behind you. :cool:

Thanks for giving this Hawaii junkie a temporary fix until I get to go back! Your pictures brought back many happy memories.

Thanks. Always a good thing to know where we were! :D I don't recall seeing any signs but we could have overlooked them. We were just excited that it quit raining while we were at the beach!

We have a lot of great memories from our trip too. I need to get busy working on a photo book from our cruise for J.R. for Christmas! :D

Juli, your little Koala bear Rae here!! :D Loved your review and am constantly going back to this thread to relive the cruise. Your pictures and memories are wonderful. The Captain and I were very happy to have "Dr. Juli" and her pharmacy available for us when we came down with that chronic cough which laid us low for a few days.

Looking seriously at the B2B Conquest in Oct. We hope to sail with you and J.R. again and this time spend more time doing things instead of "recovering" in our cabin..lol

Wanted to say "Hi" to all the M&G group. What a fun time we had meeting all of you and hope to see each one of you again on a future sailing.:)

Juli, your little Koala bear Rae here!! :D Loved your review and am constantly going back to this thread to relive the cruise. Your pictures and memories are wonderful. The Captain and I were very happy to have "Dr. Juli" and her pharmacy available for us when we came down with that chronic cough which laid us low for a few days.

Looking seriously at the B2B Conquest in Oct. We hope to sail with you and J.R. again and this time spend more time doing things instead of "recovering" in our cabin..lol

Wanted to say "Hi" to all the M&G group. What a fun time we had meeting all of you and hope to see each one of you again on a future sailing.:)

We really miss 'our little Rae' hugs & thanks for sharing the 'Captain' with us! :D:p:D Our memories from our trip ARE wonderful & meeting you & Lee was a highlight!

of=50,480,480

It was an incredible trip from start to finish with only a few minor hiccups. I hate it y'all were puny for a few days but glad you improved enough to join in the fun again!

I am in major toy purchasing mode right now but will come up with a definite plan for our fall cruise after the holidays but I am so excited that y'all might be joining us.

Hugs, Juli

I just realized I never finished the last few hours of our cruise. Maybe that was my sub-consciences way of keeping it from being over! :p:D

We went to eat in the dining room one last time.

of=50,480,480

The show in the Phantom Theatre that night was the Legends Show. We usually go to it but…

Our 30th anniversary was October 4th, the morning they 'made' us get off the ship :mad: so we decided to celebrate that last night with some of our new friends. We wanted to wait until midnight so it would officially be our anniversary but we all needed to finish packing & get to bed so we decided that midnight in Tennessee was 10PM on the ship so we met at Frankie & Johnnie's to celebrate!

of=50,480,480

We danced our last few dances to Music Unlimited & hugged our new friends good bye & went back to our cabin to put our luggage out. We usually do self-disembarkation but decided not to this time.

The next morning we got up & were off the ship in no time. Easiest disembarkation ever! We went down & gathered up our luggage & went to find the shuttle to the airport.

We had a 12:25 flight out of LAX & I wasn't sure what time we would get to Long Beach just in case we had any issues with the propulsion problems so for the first time ever I booked the Carnival transfers to the airport. It was $30pp & worked out GREAT!

Carnival provided nice big buses but they were only filling them about half full so we did not have to wait at all. We pulled out within a few minutes of boarding the bus.

I don’t remember how long exactly it took us to get to LAX but it was a lot faster than I expected. I think we were there in less than 30 minutes. It was a Saturday though & there was hardly any traffic traffic.

We lucked up because Southwest was the shuttles first stop & J.R. & I were through the airport & sitting at our terminal waiting for our flight within a matter of minutes. Unfortunately we encountered long delays waiting on our flight but we made it!

What an incredible trip we had!!! :):):) We really enjoyed our time in Vancouver & Hawaii was beautiful. Mary Lou’s Tours in Hilo & Kona & the flightseeing with Air Ventures were some of the highlights in Hawaii.

Obviously since we have cruised on the Miracle four years in a row we love ‘our’ ship! The crew were all wonderful & in high spirits to be going to Hawaii & their enthusiasm was contagious. Did I say how great we think Music Unlimited is? :D Talk Like a Pirate Day & Hawaiian Night were an absolute blast!

What really made the trip so special though is all the wonderful new friends we made. We went on the cruise not knowing anyone but each other & came away with so many new friendships that we will always treasure! The sea day LCR games gave us a great time to visit & provided a lot of laughs & the M&G cash bar & cocktail party were way too much fun! I never dreamed 18 days could fly by so fast!

Juli

Hi ... we are taking this cruise in 2 weeks ... I was just wondering are there any close beaches by where the ship docks .... We have plans in Honolulu ... but would like any advice for other islands ...

Thanks, J

I am really not the one to answer your question because we had a 'plan' for every day & did not stay near the pier.

Our friends went to the beach near where we tendered to in Kona though & enjoyed their day.

Kalapaki Beach is the beach that is part of the Marriott in Kauai & is close to the pier. Since all beaches are accessible to the public this beach can be enjoyed by everyone.

This pic of the Marriott was taken as we were leaving Kauai.

232323232%7Ffp93232%3Eydnjthgqubwsnrcgu%3C85%3Dot%3E2326%3D%3A%3A9%3D%3C87%3DXROQDF%3E2%3B57644539233ot1lsi

Hope you have a great time on your cruise! :):):)

Juli

• 3 weeks later...
I loved your review of Hawaii. Please tell me what type of camera that you used.

Thanks. Some were taken with our 'big kid' camera that we use as a point & shoot. :p It is a Nikon D3000. The pics with the dates on them were taken with our Olympus X-560WP water camera. A few were taken with J.R.'s I-Phone & we 'borrowed' some pics from our friends Lynn & Mitch. My favorite little camera broke the first day of the cruise :( so we had to make do with what we had.

Juli

• 2 weeks later...

Hey Juli,

All the best to you and JR for a wonderful Christmas and New Year. Lots of memories every day from our fabulous Hawaii cruise. Counting on you to give us the updates on the Triumph since you're sailing on her way before us. Any thoughts of that Caribbean trip in October?

Cheers,

Jacquie (Don too)

Hey Juli, All the best to you and JR for a wonderful Christmas and New Year. Lots of memories every day from our fabulous Hawaii cruise. Counting on you to give us the updates on the Triumph since you're sailing on her way before us. Any thoughts of that Caribbean trip in October?Cheers,

Jacquie (Don too)

Thanks Jacquie. Hope you & Don have a wonderful Christmas too! I am spending it in the hospital with my dad who has the flu. I am just so grateful they had a bed for him. The flu is running rampid here!

We booked the Glory October 31st 14 day cruise out of Miami along with several others from our Hawaiian cruise. Robin & John canceled their Triumph cruise & are cruising with us too. It is an AMAZING itinerary. Check it out! I was able to score one of the Grand Scenic Ocean View cabins. Super excited about that! :D:D:D

Juli

• 8 months later...
I found this just in time to get excited. Great job and thanks for the tour details. Super helpful.

Thanks. When I got the notification that you had posted on my review I started glancing through it & reliving all the wonderful memories! :) Enjoy your trip!

This is the best review I have every seen... thank you so much, we are going to take this trip on Nov 28 2015,,,:)

Thank you! :)

We are cruisin' October 31st with 16 of the wonderful friends we met on our Hawaiian cruise. Looking forward to making a lot of new memories.

Hope you enjoy your trip as much as we did.

Juli