Any shallow pools on the Infinity?

Seraphine

We are sailing tomorrow and I kept forgetting to ask this: are there any shallow pools on the Infinity?

My 9 year old isn't a hugely confident swimmer yet, and on our last cruise on Princess, every pool was 5 feet deep - there wasn't any shallow pools at all (except one in an adult only area).

Can anyone help me with this? I couldn't find him a swim ring to use and hes too old for wings. We will work on his swimming during this sailing but I'm trying to prepare myself.

A shallow pool on Infinity (M-Class) for a 9 yr. old arriving from Scotland?

My best answer: The Thalassotherapy pool is fairly shallow but I recall it isn't open for children. The outdoor family pool is one I've not been in. The 9 year old in my opinion should not visit the whirlpools.

Therefore, I'd re-ask the question to learn if there is a place where a child size life jacket is obtainable aboard ship, at a store between the airport and the ship, or at the first port. Walmart stores carry life jackets year round. Shore excursions at the western Caribbean ports will be most fun with time on the beautiful beaches. Perhaps life jackets are available for children as part of the tours.

I'd repost and rephrase the question on the Celebrity forum and at the Ports of Call forums.

I just realized you are probably in Florida today. Look for a life jacket at the CVS or Walgreens store close to your hotel. Enjoy your cruise.

-Marisa

Edited by USVI-4-me

Thanks, Marisa. If we were in Florida it would be easy, but we're sailing out of Harwich, England on a transatlantic to Florida. Theres only 3 stops on the 14 day sailing. We're in a strange town in a wet climate - I checked my local area last week and didn't see any summer stuff. I was shortsighted that I didn't just order one.

BTW, I'm just talking about a little blow-up ring, not a huge thing you sit on. I know some cruise pools have rules about inflatables. Kids are issued small life vests in the cabins - I didn't think they'd be allowed in the pools but I'd have to ask. I'm not expecting a lot if kids on this sailing and want to make sure the kids do get to have some fun.

I'm just over 5 feet tall myself and can't touch bottom... To handle a slightly panicky kid who's only 6 inches shorter than me is tricky.

You might check the gift shops at hotels with pools or the small conveniences in the gift shop on the Infinity. Look for a kiosk at outside pool deck.

The children's activities department on the Infinity can give you help.

There will be passengers to visit with your child during the days at sea. Shallow pool or not, this is a memorable trip.

Enjoy your cruise.

-Marisa

Edited by USVI-4-me