Aloft or Le Meridien in Downtown Tampa?

majellamom

Wondering if anyone has stayed at Aloft or Le Meridien in downtown Tampa - we are looking for a post-cruise hotel since we fly out the next evening. Having a hard time finding everything on our wishlist (would love a free airport shuttle from a downtown hotel, but alas, I don't think those exist!), and these are currently coming out at the top.

My travel party will include myself and hubby plus our two kids (10 and 8) in one room, and my parents (mid 60s) in another room. Everyone gets around pretty well.

So far, these are my thoughts -

Aloft Pro: $50 less per night

Con: further from public transit

Le Meridien Pro: Close to public transit line, looks like it would be really neat (old courthouse!)

Con: cost a little higher

We are considering using the HART bus to the airport from Marion Transit Center, so Le Meridien being on a bus line would make that easier...but for $50 more for the night, I wonder if we would be better off with the cheaper option and ordering a shuttle to the airport.

But back to the hotels - if you have stayed at one, what is your opinion? Did you find the hotel family friendly? Quiet or noisy? Good location or not? Did you ask them to hold luggage before check in time or after check out time? Staff helpful? Would you recommend the hotel?