Beverage package query

PrincessPete

Hi all, we have been on many Princess cruises and are thinking of another next year. I have a question regarding the new beverage package (sorry if this has been asked/answered before).

I think the package covers all drinks up to $10. Could anyone give me an indication of what that would therefore exclude, please - presumably some premium spirits?

I am sure my drinks (beers) would all come in well below the $10 mark but would a regular cocktail eg: Cosmopolitan or Margarita also be under that amount. My wife does like those and also white wine which I presume like the beer would largely be under the threshold.

If you have a more expensive drink do you just pay the difference from $10?

Having spoke to Princess the package is around £33.50 per day sterling including gratuity which seems quite reasonable even though we do not drink to excess - the clincher is the coffees and water you can have as well.

Any replies to the above points and other comments about the beverage package would be much appreciated.

Many thanks and with kind regards.

Peter

Yes, there are many cocktails that are below $10 as well as wine & beer. There were some wines that were over $10 but I found that the lower priced ones were just fine. I don't know if you just pay the difference or not, as I didn't order anything over the $10 limit.

This thread has the prices as well as a lot of other helpful information:

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=2038576&highlight=evaluator

Currently there are only a handful of wines by the glass at Vines and one or two Bellinis at Bellini's on the Royal and Regal that cost more than $10.00. I haven't purchased the package but people have posted that if the cost is greater than $10.00 you pay the full price.

Sent from my iPad using Forums mobile app

Thanks for the most helpful replies especially the attachment of the spreadsheet. Doing some more research on this issue I looked back to when the package was first introduced and saw on a CC news article that one of the ships NOT having the package was Diamond Princess which is the ship we are planning to go on. Looking at the Princess website, however, it currently refers only to Dawn, Sea and Sun not having the package.

Can anyone indeed confirm that it is available on Diamond, please?

Many thanks again.

Peter

Thanks for the most helpful replies especially the attachment of the spreadsheet. Doing some more research on this issue I looked back to when the package was first introduced and saw on a CC news article that one of the ships NOT having the package was Diamond Princess which is the ship we are planning to go on. Looking at the Princess website, however, it currently refers only to Dawn, Sea and Sun not having the package.

Can anyone indeed confirm that it is available on Diamond, please?

Many thanks again.

Peter

Those are the only ships without the package.