Permission letter...

Bobug

We are going on a cruise in November & a couple in the group is taking their niece. For those who have experienced this...what did you put on the letter as far as what was needed to give them permission to take her on the cruise?

Thank you!!

We are going on a cruise in November & a couple in the group is taking their niece. For those who have experienced this...what did you put on the letter as far as what was needed to give them permission to take her on the cruise?

Thank you!!

This is what the Carnival website states:

When minors (18 and under) are NOT traveling with a relative, we strongly recommend bringing an original signed letter from the absent parent/legal guardian authorizing the minor to travel. This will expedite processing by the Department of Homeland Security. Please note that a notarized letter to this effect is required if debarking with children in Mexico.

Infants must be at least six months old (twelve months for Transatlantic, Hawaii and South America cruises) to be eligible to travel.

Please note that adult guests are responsible for the safety and behavior of their minor guests. Our Camp Carnival®, Circle "C" and Club O2 programs features supervised activities for children 2-17.

If at all possible, get a notarized letter signed by both parents. If no one ever checks it on the trip, fine. If they do and you don't have it, you're out of luck.

When I traveled with just my teenage daughter, I took a letter from her father. After he died, I took his death certificate. No one ever asked for either, but it was easy enough to bring them.

Sample Letter:

To Whom It May Concern:

I am the father/mother of xxxx or We are the parents of xxx. I hereby give authorization to xxx to take my daughter/son on the Carnival xxx departing on November --, 2014. You can reach me at xxxx if you have any questions.

This should be notarized. I have been asked for the form once but travelled with kids not my own more than once.

Here's what I always use without any problems :)

CONSENT FOR MINOR CHILD TO TRAVEL

I, , am the legal guardian of minor child, DOB: I hereby grant permission for to travel with , out of the United States on the Carnival Cruise Ship - , departing on , visiting and .

Expected date of return:

I hereby designate, who is sharing a cabin with our child and whose relationship to the child is a family friend, to be responsible for our child during the cruise. Furthermore, should my child require routine or emergency medical attention during the cruise, I specifically authorize the above named person to make any and all necessary parental decisions concerning any and all medical treatment that my child may require.

By:

Name Printed:

Date:

Address:

City, State & Zip

Telephone:

The one I use, I got off a travel website. I'm sorry, it's been too many years and I can't remember where! But, Fyi, it list the dates, ship, ports going to. And it needs to be notarized, which my bank (Chase) does free.

As an aside, I have not ever been asked for it when traveling with my own kids, but they asked and scrutinized it when I brought a kid that was not mine.