Carnival Valor for southern caribbean cruise

quiksilver23

I gotta tell you... I did this itinerary as recent as Sept. 2014. I am born, raised and living in Puerto Rico which means that I went into this itinerary thinking "Caribbean island are all the same...been there done that every day in PR." Boy was I wrong!! Yes, climate is the same but every island has its own personality, culture and unique settings. I truly enjoyed my time in every one of those islands and also learned so much from what I consider "my neighbors". My next cruise might not be on the Valor (which is a shame), but it will be on this itinerary again. The ship and it's crew is top-notch in my opinion. The negatives I encountered were minimal and in no way detracted from an awesome experience on this ship. As far as Puerto Rico goes... Let me put it this way: After 38 years living here, I still take the time every once in a while to be a tourist in my own Island. That's how awesome this place is inside and beyond the walls of San Juan. You did good. You won't regret booking this trip!!

because you are a local to Puerto Rico, I am in hopes you can help answer some questions and point us in the right direction. We are from Wichita, Kansas and will be flying into Puerto Rico a couple of days early. So far we have booked rooms at the Hojo in Carolina? The rooms are reasonable and it says that it is close to the beach, wondering if you are familiar with that hotel and the area in which it is located? Then as we do the Southern cruse, we would love some ideas of things to see and excursions (with Carnival and without) that we might consider. We are traveling with our two grown daughters, and their families... The expense is pretty high and we would love to see the beaches and not have a big excursion bill. Our grandchildren are 14, 11 and 8 so any particular activities you think they might enjoy would be appreciated as well. We are traveling in March so we do have plenty of time to think about options. Thank you so much for any info you can share.

because you are a local to Puerto Rico, I am in hopes you can help answer some questions and point us in the right direction. We are from Wichita, Kansas and will be flying into Puerto Rico a couple of days early. So far we have booked rooms at the Hojo in Carolina? The rooms are reasonable and it says that it is close to the beach, wondering if you are familiar with that hotel and the area in which it is located? Then as we do the Southern cruse, we would love some ideas of things to see and excursions (with Carnival and without) that we might consider. We are traveling with our two grown daughters, and their families... The expense is pretty high and we would love to see the beaches and not have a big excursion bill. Our grandchildren are 14, 11 and 8 so any particular activities you think they might enjoy would be appreciated as well. We are traveling in March so we do have plenty of time to think about options. Thank you so much for any info you can share.

Hi!! The Howard Johnson is near the beach but not quite beachfront. There's an alleyway across the street nearby where you'll get access to a great stretch of beach. As far as beach activities, you'll need a cab to go to the nearby Balneario Isla Verde. They have an area called Aquasol which is a small but nice (freash) water playground for the kids right at the beach. Right next to it there are this huge, inflatable water slides which they will love!! Budget about the same amount of money that you paid from the airport to the HOJO to get to the Balneario (bal-neeah-rio). The Aquasol part I THINK is free, the slides have an entry fee.

The most inexpensive "excursion" you can take is the $20 p/p turtle and shipwreck snorkel "tour" that they sell all along the beach at Carlisle bay in Barbados. About 45 minutes (maybe longer), gear and life jackets included. I did it and it was fun!