Barrier Reef Snorkel & Island Beach Break

beccaaz

I've been to Belize 4 times on NCL and it really isn't my favorite shore stop so we are looking for an excursion to see something other than Belize City. If you've been on this excursion and can answer some questions, I'd really appreciate it.

1. My husband is a good swimmer but has never snorkeled. Is this an easy excursion for a beginner?

2. How do you get on and off the boat? Is it a ladder or does it have the "stairway to the seas" I've seen on other catamarans?

3. How was the Beach part of the trip? Was the beach nice? I've heard that the water is murky and the bottom mucky. Was that your experience? Also, is there anyplace to get out of the sun. My husband is a pasty white boy and sunburns really easily so someplace to get out of the sun would be good!

Thanks in advance for any help you can give me!

• 3 weeks later...

I did the ship's reef snorkel and beach break excursion when there on Celebrity. Yes, the benefit was that they picked us up right at the ship, but we were packed in like sardines and the snorkeling was nothing great. The beach was ok but we weren't there for more than an hour.

I go to Belize regularly to scuba dive and the rest of the country and the people are so much nicer than the port area. I highly recommend Island Marketing as they have several Belize options. We enjoyed ziplining there two weeks ago.

I've been to Belize 4 times on NCL and it really isn't my favorite shore stop so we are looking for an excursion to see something other than Belize City. If you've been on this excursion and can answer some questions, I'd really appreciate it.

1. My husband is a good swimmer but has never snorkeled. Is this an easy excursion for a beginner?

2. How do you get on and off the boat? Is it a ladder or does it have the "stairway to the seas" I've seen on other catamarans?

3. How was the Beach part of the trip? Was the beach nice? I've heard that the water is murky and the bottom mucky. Was that your experience? Also, is there anyplace to get out of the sun. My husband is a pasty white boy and sunburns really easily so someplace to get out of the sun would be good!

Thanks in advance for any help you can give me!

We just returned. We did this excursion.

They separated out beginners from the experienced snorkelers to give some instruction. We are experienced so I don't know what they did.

Some type of ladder? I didn't really pay much attention.

The beach part really kind of sucked. They took us to Starfish Island. Lots of potential, but the service was horrible.. We waited for a while for waiter beach service, didn't get it so we went and sat at the bar. Sat there for about 15-20 minutes, no service, so we went back to our beach loungers. My DH complained to a security guy in the area about the lack of service. He got someone to come over about 15 minutes later. They didn't come back until about 5 minutes before we were supposed to leave.

The beach was very murky, and there were jelly fish.

Even though it was nice to head out on an excursion right from the ship without having to tender into shore, we would not book this excursion again.