Nieuw Amsterdam - Verandah Deck - 3 most forward cabins- VB's- why?

Kitred

Why are the forward 3 balconies on each side on the Verandah deck VB category? They are a higher than the rest that are next door. Referring to cabins 5003-5010. We (just 2 of us sailing) were given our VB guarantee and that's what we got! Wondering if I should try to even ask for a lower category to get a better room? Any opinions would be welcomed. HAL not much help in this matter. Our ship sails Dec. 14.......

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Thanks for the responses. I think I am worried about if it will be windier/ noisier that close to the front? What size is the balcony ? I plan on spending the majority of my time there. Also, how can I find out if this will be the side that is facing the port when docked? Again, I really appreciate your responses as many of you really do have the expert opinions from all your voyages/mariner stars. It really is appreciated.

Thanks for the responses. I think I am worried about if it will be windier/ noisier that close to the front? What size is the balcony ? I plan on spending the majority of my time there. Also, how can I find out if this will be the side that is facing the port when docked? Again, I really appreciate your responses as many of you really do have the expert opinions from all your voyages/mariner stars. It really is appreciated.

I don't think you should worry at all.

The comment on solid steel v. glass railings.... for those 5005/5010 are all glass.... your enjoyment of the sea will not block your view.

The side of the ship against the dock.... can depends on many things. Impossible to guarantee.

The wind..... well... if it blowing on one balcony you can be almost guarantee that other every balcony on that side of the ship will be the same.

Noise from the wind... no better or worse than any of the others.

Again.... the cabins are fine.... the plus will be that you will be able to walk around the balcony around the front from port to starboard. A good view.

Topsham thanks so much for your input. Are you able to access the bow of the ship at a front door access? Do you know the balcony size of those rooms - they look at least 1/3 smaller from the scaled deck diagram . Again your responses are very much appreciated.

Topsham thanks so much for your input. Are you able to access the bow of the ship at a front door access? Do you know the balcony size of those rooms - they look at least 1/3 smaller from the scaled deck diagram . Again your responses are very much appreciated.

Hi Kitred....

Ah.... I see that. If you look at 5001 and 5002... they are SY Signature Suites and are considerably bigger than those VB cabins that you have. That is why your V is 1/3 smaller. But all of the other V on Deck 5 cabins are all the same size and same size balcony.

Yes, there are doors coming out of the alleyway past your cabin.. right out to the bow area.

Again... it will be a very quiet bow balcony.... good space to walk viewing. One of the perks being close to those access doors.

Stephen

Thanks again Stephen. You have been so much help . Maybe you should consider being a HAL TA!

Just a couple of HAL cruises..... just 75 cruises .... 926 days. :)

Cruised Nw AMSTERDAM in early December last year. I was blown away with Nw AMSTERDAM. I like all HAL ships, but this ship... for a modern ship.... is a real beauty. Last year...I embarked in Lauderdale and did not step ashore until I got back to Lauderdale! When in port.....most passengers ashore.... you have the ship to yourself. Have a nice lunch in Pinnacle or lunch up in Tamarind. Way to go!

Good cruise 14 December.

Stephen