Obstructed balcony or just railings

Jarronwood

Hi everyone

We are booked for 2016 and having had a closer look at the pictures of Quest and in particular the balconies, it seems that some balconies do not have a complete open look with the railings. Some in the middle of the ship have a wall.

Can anyone advise if this is correct, We are booked into 7044 but I would much prefer a complete open look to the sea rather than a wall - sorry cant think of the right description to call it.

Also can anyone advise what sort of balcony furniture is on the Quest in the balcony rooms? I seem to be finding conflicting pictures - some pictures show a big glass type table with square hard chairs and yet another one shows a wicker sort of padded chair.

Any help in this would be very much appreciated.

Hi everyone

We are booked for 2016 and having had a closer look at the pictures of Quest and in particular the balconies, it seems that some balconies do not have a complete open look with the railings. Some in the middle of the ship have a wall.

Can anyone advise if this is correct, We are booked into 7044 but I would much prefer a complete open look to the sea rather than a wall - sorry cant think of the right description to call it.

Also can anyone advise what sort of balcony furniture is on the Quest in the balcony rooms? I seem to be finding conflicting pictures - some pictures show a big glass type table with square hard chairs and yet another one shows a wicker sort of padded chair.

Any help in this would be very much appreciated.

Hi, I recently stayed in a balcony cabin on deck 6 on Quest.

The balcony furniture comprised a square, glass topped table and two wicker style chairs.

The balcony railings were metal with a gap between each rail and topped with a wooden handrail.

I've just checked the cabin number you've booked for 2016 and strangely, it's the same cabin number I've booked for my next cruise in 2015.

Happy cruising! :)

Josie, if you look at the trip report I wrote for the Journey (in my signature) at post #58 you'll see some balcony pictures. We've had both and frankly for as much as I thought I'd prefer one over the other, I didn't. If you really want a more open railing structure, you'll have to change your category to a V3 and book a cabin at the aft of the ship.

HI Deirdre

Great reading your post and also the pictures. As it happens we have moved up to deck 8 now 8037 and I know there is a metal plate before the railings but in the great scheme of things it would probably not make any odds when we are sitting down anyway.

Loved your photos - looking so much to our Far East cruise in April 2016 - I have a feeling we may just start to cruise a bit more and may be the following year do the Med - its only a 2.5 hour flight from where we live in the UK. I think we could be rather spoilt on the Azamara, having done RCCL and then Celebrity. WHilst we loved RCCL and even more Celebrity having a smaller more exclusive ship seems so ideal. From what I have read and seeing your photos on the ship, there doesn't seem to be a crowd issue. The one thing I did notice on the RCCL and Celebrity ships was that it was impossible to get a sun bed - even though most were empty it seemed that people were bagging two each, one in the sun and then one in the shade.

We both still work and will continue to do so for a few more years and our holidays are usually centered around going to Spain to play golf. However now that we have recently joined a local golf club I have a feeling we wont feel the need to always have a golf holiday and may have a yearly cruise.

Only time will tell and I am so very excited about Azamara.