An Epic Solo Adventure (Review of the Norwegian Epic - October 2014)

LibrarianLizy

I posted my review of my October Mediterranean cruise on the Epic over on the solo board. I'm sure it will be helpful to some over here too, so here's the link: http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=2130132

My short and sweet review of the Epic:

• Mid October has unpredictable weather – be prepared for rain, lots of sun, cool temperatures, and heat in the more southern ports, basically pack one of everything.
  • I found the Epic to be a vast improvement over my other NCL cruise on the Norwegian Sky, so in this case, newer does mean better.
  • If you smile and are nice to the staff, they treat you like royalty. True everywhere, but definitely very true on the Epic.
  • Embarkation took about a half hour and disembarkation took less than 5 minutes!
  • Food in the buffet/MDRs was mainly average with no real problems, but no real standouts. The specialty restaurants are worth the splurge.
  • The spa pass is completely worth it. (Hint: if you go on the second or third day, they give you a discount for the days that you didn’t get to use it!)
  • Shore excursions were all well-organized and worth the money.
  • The solo cabins, lounge, and solo traveler activities are quite possibly the best things to ever happen in cruising.

Overall, an excellent trip and I would book on the Epic (either in a solo cabin or a spa cabin) again in a heartbeat.

I'm happy to answer any questions about the Epic, the studio cabins and lounge, and cruising solo on Norwegian.