Ideas... Looking for bar outside port tourist area.

ItsScott

New wife and I will be there next week on Navigator of the Seas. Our idea of fun is drinking frozen drinks in a beach bar, using free wifi, and people watching. I figure in Roatan, we can grab a cab to Sundowners in West End. But what I have read about Belize is they drop you off in a dirty closed area, with all the other tourist. Can we grab a cab and go to someplace cool? Where would we go to enjoy frozen drinks in a beach bar, use free wifi, and people watch? I would really love some suggestions. If my assumptions are wrong, please also tell me.

Bird's Isle is just around the corner from the swing bridge which is a 5 minute walk out of the cruiseport, Tourism Village. Views of the small boats and the harbor. Or the Smoky Mermaid, a 3 minute walk toward the lighthouse from the cruiseport. Inside the cruise port most folks hit the Wet Lizard's upstairs for good food and a decent bar service.

But there aren't "beach bars" in Belize City.

Edited by crewsweeper

Bird's Isle is just around the corner from the swing bridge which is a 5 minute walk out of the cruiseport, Tourism Village. Views of the small boats and the harbor. Or the Smoky Mermaid, a 3 minute walk toward the lighthouse from the cruiseport. Inside the cruise port most folks hit the Wet Lizard's upstairs for good food and a decent bar service.

But there aren't "beach bars" in Belize City.

Thanks for the info. I don't mind taking a cab someplace awesome either.

You might look into the Orchid Garden. It's out on the Western Highway about 15 miles from the cruiseport. Beautiful setting but not on the beach.

Another option inside the crusieport is Tenders Grill. I haven't eaten there but it's getting some good spin on TA.

And if you walk outside the cruiseport, turn right toward the lighthouse and walk around past the lighthouse, that's Marine Parade and a nice palisades to walk along. About halfway up, in what looks like an over grown jungle abandon building is the Celebrity Bar and Grill. You're inside but great food and most likely uncrowded.

You can google all these spots for pictures and reviews and information. Orchid Gardens has a website.

If you don't mind taking the water taxi you could head over to Caye Caulker for a couple hours. We went to the end known as "the split" and had some drinks and hung out at the Lazy Lizard beach bar. A very fun and laid back day!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums