coffee maker - EPIC

minimee

I agree, if you use the supplied "coffee," it's pretty bad. However, if you take your own coffee and filters (the brewers we've had, used the 4 cup basket type), the pots actually brew a nice cup--slow brew that takes about 10 minutes. The water gets appropriately hot--hot! I used the large cone type filter, bent at the bottom to fit, and they worked. I also took some BrewRite cleaner, but the machine didn't really need it. At home, we use Barista Prima French Roast kcups. I found Starbucks French Roast ground a pretty good substitute for the wake-up cup while on the Epic. We thought the coffee in O'Sheehan's to be pretty good--very hot and strong (when it wasn't, they fixed it immediately).

Sent from my son's iPad using Tapatalk

Edited by Rhea98

The water gets appropriately hot--hot!

Temperature is one thing you don't have to worry about. The holder that you place the coffee bag in somehow broke off during brewing, pouring scalding water on my leg causing 2nd degree burns. Be careful out there! (I will save everyone and NOT post the photos of the burn):eek:

I usually don't drink the coffee in the room, but on my last cruise on the Sun, we had a gift exchange at our meet and greet and I was the lucky recipient of a bag of Dunkin Donuts Dark Roast coffee along with some filters. Since someone was so thoughtful I went back to my room and brewed a cup and it was great! There is nothing wrong with the coffee maker. Just bring along your own favorite brew and filters and you will be very happy. The other thing I did by the way was to go to the buffet and grab a tablespoon, a teaspoon, packets of my favorite sweetener, and those little cups of half and half that seem never to go bad. I am coming so armed for now on because a good cup of coffee just cannot be beaten! :D