Conquest Dec 14th to 21st. Pictures and a little chatter.

PamalaX

Ohhh I like that set up a lot Junglecat. That is th e only part of the Caribbean we've not been to, West/Conquest - East/Breeze, so my gang would love that one.

As for the questions...

Had great experiences in the MDR. No new menu yet and we actually took advantage of the new option to order from the Steakhouse Menu for a 20.00 upcharge twice during the cruise. Worked great for us since the boys live for their steaks while the girls are more than happy with the flat irons. All going steakhouse is just added charge we don't need so we really appreciated the option for them to order from there in the MDR. Eats aside service was just great. While we had Your Time dining with different waitstaff night to night they were all still very attentive and even went out of their way to remember names and needs ( I had bottomless bubbles and never waited for a refill once) even though they didn't have us each night. Great job and very, very pleasant.

As for seating at the pool the stadium set up on Conquest is really nice. I loved the Breeze Summer of 2013 for many things but I didn't care for the pool set up there and rarely bothered to go there knowing getting a lounge was iffy at best. We enjoyed our time near the hottubs on the side but I would have liked to have used the pool more there. Conquest with level after level of chairs all around the pool is just much easier and far more inviting on that end.

Hope that helps and by all means don't hesitate to ask if there is anything you want to know about at any time.

P.S. Helpful tip of the moment? Guest services has earplugs if you should need them for any reason. After struggling with some snoring for two onights I discovered this tidbit and must say it was a life saver and unexpected kindness

Next up was our day in Roatan. Going into the trip this was the one day we picked for a beach day. Just relax and sip a cold drink on the beach. Kind of a substitute for a mid cruise sea day? Anyway it was low key for activity but very nice scenery and R & R.

Once again our companion for the day was The Pride.

0000aaacruise124_zpsc3265a8a.jpg

Welcome!

0000aaacruise125_zps91d6eb08.jpg

None too sure about *the chairs* ( Guess you can see where my daughter gets it from ) we opted for walking to the beach instead. Beautiful walk with loads of views on and off the nature trail.

0000aaacruise129_zpsa7379d97.jpg

Beach quite crowded we found a comfy spot and managed to enjoy ourselves just the same.

0000aaacruise127_zps7fd5daf7.jpg

The shopping area was very clean, nice and had plenty of visible security.

0000aaa1acruise1_zps202b1e21.jpg

On top of all that there was a kiosk selling WIFI $5 for one hour. Teens jumped all over that and while everyone using it seemed to do best huddled next to the kiosk it was good steady and cheap if you need a lil WIFI.

Lovely, lush and just a really nice place for stroll.

0000aaa1acruise4_zps83ced04f.jpg

0000aaa1acruise5_zps1520737d.jpg

0000aaa1acruise7_zpsbdebf2a1.jpg

Even I got to kick off my shoes and enjoy myself

** Bet you'd never get to see me in all this ... TADA

0000aaa1acruise6_zps73afc7fe.jpg

Only set to be there until 3pm we ended up leaving a lot later because of something being unloaded from the ship. They had to wait until all were on and then out came boxes... boxes and more boxes. Port side relaxing on the balcony watching it all we finally saw some labels and now know they were unloading cases of apples. At least 50 boxes of apples, apples and more apples. Seemed odd at the time but now that I think of it it was nearly Xmas and not really a place to grow apples I suppose they may have been brought in as a special treat for the holidays.

0000aaacruise132_zps63ff7cc9.jpg

Once that was done we were on our way.

So strange to see the beach empty.

0000aaacruise134_zps079b9589.jpg

Good thing the daughter got over the sinking thing before seeing this.

0000aaacruise135_zps1cbac592.jpg

Enough for today.

Tomorrow is on to Grand Cayman and the endlessly fabulous Turtle Farm

Happy New Year all!

Late 10am arrival at Grand Cayman means we had attack of the towel animals going on when we awoke on Friday morn. So CUTE!

0000aaa1acruise2_zpsf777ee66.jpg

0000aaacruise139_zpsfa0395fa.jpg

0000aaacruise138_zps0bc8be34.jpg

A nice breakfast, some communing with the towels and we were at Grand Cayman ready for a the day ahead. Loads of ships already there when we arrived I was especially intrigued by hanging with on the the SilverSeas ships. Silver Cloud, 296 passengers to 222 crew means some serious luxury. Looked up those cruise rates after and WOW! Kind of cool to see the people coming and going from that ship the son and husband joked they likely had a excursion for the day called

* Visiting your money*. ;)

0000aaa1acruise3_zps3c4f7c95.jpg

A wee bit of shopping and walking town a bit we actually spent most of our day visiting the Grand Cayman Turtle Farm ( highly recommeneded ) which is up next with loads of fun pictures.

With so many adorable pictures from the Turtle Farm I'll just offer them up with little chatter and let the smiles and cute speak for itself.

0000aaacruise145_zps985fd861.jpg

The lil guys. They flap around at first but if you rub their lil chins they calm right down.

0000aaacruise146_zps4cf17174.jpg

0000aaacruise149_zpsb31506a8.jpg

0000aaacruise153_zps38047b96.jpg

No worries its just a pretend kiss,

0000aaacruise151_zps9a8573d5.jpg

Then the slightly bigger guys

0000aaacruise155_zpsd37fb06f.jpg

0000aaacruise157_zps60397363.jpg

0000aaacruise158_zpsecf0cac7.jpg

After some turtle snuggle time and a nice lunch the man and kids went snorkeling with some of the big guys.

0000aaacruise166_zps42d8e9e3.jpg

We had such a great time we didn't even mind the LONG lines to tender back to the ship.

0000aaacruise170_zpsd7f64297.jpg

Almost done guys!

Just a sea day around the ship and early morn arrival in Miami yet to go.

Boy oh boy am I with you there Sandi, while I really do enjoy a excursion or two during the cruise what I really love most is the chance to put my feet up on a lounge chair and just relax. Taking in the views, do some people watching and maybe a silly old word search with a cold drink for me can be just as good for me as the most thrilling off ship adventure.

Hope you get to relax and have a really great trip!

Hi JungleCat! We also are on the Conquest on February 7th and can't wait to get to warmer weather! Have you scheduled any excursions yet? We love to snorkel and are bringing our gear in hopes of finding the best beaches to snorkel off of.

Does anyone have any suggestions for St. Kitts or Grand Turk for snorkeling, other than excursions?

We have not booked anything displaced Texans. I know we are renting golf carts in grand turk, heading to orient beach in st. Martin. Not sure about Dan Juan or st. Kitts. We are beach fans as well so I'm sure that's where we'll land.

We were on the breeze Dec 6 -14. We had one sea day then four port in a row then two sea days. I have to agree that having the sea days in between the port days would have been a welcomed break. Needless to say by the time we reached the first of our last two days we were ready to relax lol

Thank you for your review!

Glad to hear they haven't changed the menus. We were on the Liberty last year with the "new Menu"--I didn't hate it, but preferred the old menu and dining. We will be on the 8 day Conquest in May.

I have a question regarding the overhead bunk. We are taking my college-aged children and a couple of their friends and it will be the first time we would have to utilize a bunk in their rooms. How comfortable was it for "adults"? I think they said it can bear the weight of 300lbs or so, but that doesn't mean it doesn't feel like sleeping on a hard rock. One of the boys said he is happy he is going and would sleep in a bath tub if they had one--lol. I just want everyone to have an enjoyable trip.

... my darling daughter (20) who was actually cruising for the first time as she skipped the Breeze trip because of and I quote "Scars from seeing Titanic as a child." Yep, fearing sinking she actually stayed home the first time around. :eek:

I've got to ask, when is the last time your daughter saw an iceberg in the Caribbean?