Spa Rooms on Splendor- What Are the Amenities?

cruisexlife

Hello!

I am pondering a quick little 4 day cruise to St.John, Canada on Splendor from New York. I went there before with a friend on Glory, also to Halifax, but this time I'd like to go back, but with my mother. She's expressed lots of interest in spa staterooms, and was actually disappointed when she found out that they didn't have them on the Liberty in March.

What are the actual "amenities"? She loves the spa, and gets at least one spa treatment every cruise, and this cruise has 2 sea days, so I assume she will want it more. Are the prices cheaper? What is different inside the rooms? We are specifically looking at the Spa 4J. It's our favorite room category and I like how the spa rooms are the 4J's on Deck 10.

If anyone can please tell me what makes them special/ different, it would be great! I'll show her the thread and have her make the decision :p. Thanks in advance!

The Splendor is one of only four Carnival ships (along with Breeze, Magic and Dream) that has the Thelasso pool in addition to the four sauna / steam rooms in the spa. The pool makes the difference between paying the extra money for a spa room or not.

In addition to use of the spa facilities you also receive upgraded amenities in the bathroom (shampoo, conditioner, bath gel, etc.) and nicer bathrobe and slippers to use.

The Splendor is one of only four Carnival ships (along with Breeze, Magic and Dream) that has the Thelasso pool in addition to the four sauna / steam rooms in the spa. The pool makes the difference between paying the extra money for a spa room or not.

In addition to use of the spa facilities you also receive upgraded amenities in the bathroom (shampoo, conditioner, bath gel, etc.) and nicer bathrobe and slippers to use.

I've read that on some ships, they will replenish you shampoo, conditioner and bath gels as much as you like, with a smile, and on other ships, they will not refill it, you only get a bottle of each. I can't remember which ship was specified. When you stayed in a spa room on Splendor, did you have problems with refilling you soaps? how big are they? We are only on the ship for 4 days.

So the spa prices are the same? I would assume that they are lower.

Just had a spa room on the Splendor last month. It was great- we used the steam rooms and Thera pool almost every day. They wouldn't refill our shampoo bottles, just one per person. (And they're about the normal trial size/hotel room sized bottles. There was enough in there for 3-4 showers, I'd say.)

I believe we got a 20% off regular spa rates, but read the paperwork they give you the first night. I made that mistake and missed a few things that we could have done earlier in the cruise.

Enjoy it! I wouldn't hesitate to book another spa room with the Cloud 9 spa. It was a wonderful experience. :)

We have done the spa rooms on the Breeze and Splendor. The amenities were the same on both ships.

On both ships we didn't have any issues having our bathroom amenities refilled. I guess we lucked out with our cabin steward (who we always make a point of introducing ourselves to in a cheerful manner as soon as we can upon boarding).

My DW and I will be back aboard the Breeze this Saturday. Unfortunately we do not have a spa cabin (booked into a cove balcony) and have a feeling we are going to miss the Thellaso pool and steam rooms. Oh well.