Wrigley80's Excellent Adventure on the Dream Photo Review - December 4-15, 2014

wrigley80

CruisewiththeKreweofNOLAKruisers-December2014414_zps6fa4164d.jpg

Dana, Linda, and I were already starting out the fun

CruisewiththeKreweofNOLAKruisers-December2014415_zps9ee80ad1.jpg

CruisewiththeKreweofNOLAKruisers-December2014417_zpsbc2f3745.jpg

Notice the condoms taped to Dana's life jacket. Maria and Steve brought those and throughout the week they would tape them to the cabin doors of people in our KREWE. We had them on our door three times now that would be fine except I was sharing a cabin with my dad :eek:

So after our farewell meet and greet, our Muster Maiden activities, and trivia. My dad and I decided to head back to the cabin to do some packing. This is always the worse part of the whole week of the cruise. How do you accumulate so much stuff in one week???? We always leave with way more than what we come with. After we packed things up we went out to sit on the balcony before dinner.

CruisewiththeKreweofNOLAKruisers-December2014449_zps43d38ab9.jpg

CruisewiththeKreweofNOLAKruisers-December2014451_zps7f733ff4.jpg

CruisewiththeKreweofNOLAKruisers-December2014453_zps7e5d5ae6.jpg

I even got dad in the act of wearing a hat

CruisewiththeKreweofNOLAKruisers-December2014454_zps346c13aa.jpg

So tonight at dinner our whole table decided to wear funny hats. You already which hat I wore

CruisewiththeKreweofNOLAKruisers-December2014455_zps8f4661c6.jpg

Not sure what Glo is doing to Bessie here

CruisewiththeKreweofNOLAKruisers-December2014457_zps1db6f93b.jpg

Chris and Sandra from Mississippi. This was their first cruise

CruisewiththeKreweofNOLAKruisers-December2014458_zpsafb740de.jpg

Glo and Smokey. I bought this Beer hat for Smokey to replace the one that was still waterlogged from jumping in the pool

CruisewiththeKreweofNOLAKruisers-December2014460_zps86ae2fc6.jpg

Bam Bam was thirsty

CruisewiththeKreweofNOLAKruisers-December2014474_zps298427ba.jpg

Dad and Smokey after dinner

CruisewiththeKreweofNOLAKruisers-December2014475_zps509f4e95.jpg

Glo was definitely earning nickname tonight....she was covered from head to toe in things that glowed :p

CruisewiththeKreweofNOLAKruisers-December2014476_zps260a6c0c.jpg

Lucian...our favorite bartender. We first met Lucian in December 2013 on the Carnival Sunshine. When we boarded the Dream on embarkation day my dad and I stopped off at the Atrium Bar to get the Bottomless Bubbles package for my dad. Lucian was there and remembered my dad and I by name. How do they do that??? How do they remember names of past guests when they see 3,000+ people every week onboard. I wonder where we will see Lucian next....

My dad and I headed down to the Atrium Bar to meet up with Sam and Dana for a drink.

CruisewiththeKreweofNOLAKruisers-December2014477_zps963b36a4.jpg

I was really going to miss these two :( but now it is only 18 days until I see them again :D

CruisewiththeKreweofNOLAKruisers-December2014478_zpsf059fb34.jpg

After a few drinks we said our see ya laters....we don't say Goodbye ;)

CruiseontheCarnivalDreamwiththeKreweofNOLAKruisers638_zps89a600ef.jpg

When we got back to our cabin this little guy was waiting for us....I think I need to go to the towel folding class to learn what these are. This one looked like an Eskimo....which would be odd considering we were cruising in the Caribbean

I am loving your review and will be looking for your Pride and Sunshine reviews next! I loved my trip to NOLA so your pictures were a trip down memory lane for me. Next time, if you didn't get the opportunity, try the beignets at Cafe' du Monde! Yum! My first ever cruise was on the Dream in April 2013 for my 40th Birthday celebration and it was one of my best vacations ever! This year we are going on the Pride with friends to celebrate my boyfriend's 40th! Cannot wait! Off now to read the rest of your review.....

So I got to work this morning at 8:30. I sat here and read your entire 32 page review. Thanks a bunch it really helped speed the day along. I didn't even leave for lunch, I ate right here in front of the computer. This was just what I needed to get me in gear for my cruise next week. Your group looks like loads of fun.

I'll be in NOLA for Fat Tuesday only. If I see you I'll say "Hello!"

Loving the review, as I do ALL of your reviews!

Yes be sure to say Hello....I'll be the one with a hand grenade in hand [emoji12][emoji12] thank you for reading my review

I am loving your review and will be looking for your Pride and Sunshine reviews next! I loved my trip to NOLA so your pictures were a trip down memory lane for me. Next time, if you didn't get the opportunity, try the beignets at Cafe' du Monde! Yum! My first ever cruise was on the Dream in April 2013 for my 40th Birthday celebration and it was one of my best vacations ever! This year we are going on the Pride with friends to celebrate my boyfriend's 40th! Cannot wait! Off now to read the rest of your review.....

Thank you so much. Those reviews are still on cruise critic. I hope you found them. Oh I would move to New Orleans/Baton Rouge area in a second. I just love it there.

Oh yeah I have tried beignets but my friends always give me a hard time because I went to the Cafe DuMonde in Metairie instead of the original one in the French Quarter. How ironic is this I am watching the Wheel of Fortune right now and the backdrop is that of Cafe DuMonde [emoji2]

You will love the Pride.....I have heard nothing but great things after the 2.0 upgrades.

So I got to work this morning at 8:30. I sat here and read your entire 32 page review. Thanks a bunch it really helped speed the day along. I didn't even leave for lunch, I ate right here in front of the computer. This was just what I needed to get me in gear for my cruise next week. Your group looks like loads of fun.

Wow now that's dedication. Happy to hear that I could keep you occupied at work today. What cruise are you on next week?? Our KREWE is family and we definitely know how to have fun [emoji2]

Like a great cruise, I'm sad to see this review come to an end. I saw that most of the Krewe are Southerners. When we are on a ship that has a large number of Southerners on board, I always find that it is a rocking good time. I think we Southerners like to carry on a bit of foolishness all the time and are not shy about being loud and proud!

I'm just excited that you are sailing again so I won't have to wait long for you to post another review!

Happy Travels!!

Like a great cruise, I'm sad to see this review come to an end. I saw that most of the Krewe are Southerners. When we are on a ship that has a large number of Southerners on board, I always find that it is a rocking good time. I think we Southerners like to carry on a bit of foolishness all the time and are not shy about being loud and proud!

I'm just excited that you are sailing again so I won't have to wait long for you to post another review!

Happy Travels!!

Yep most of my our KREWE is from Louisiana and Mississippi. I have found out they know how to have fun.....and I am perfectly fine with that. People in the south are so friendly.

I'll be back with my review from the Breeze before ya know it [emoji2] thanks again for reading my review

So today was debarkation day....:( This is never a fun day. We got up early and enjoyed some quiet time on our balcony before we got ready to leave our little home away from home for the last week. We left the cabin around 8:00 am and headed down to the Ocean Plaza area to wait for our instructions for debarkation. We had Zone 1 tags so we were off the ship by 9:00. Once we disembarked we got in a taxi and headed to Budget Rental Car to pick up our car for the day. We weren't leaving until late Monday night so we still had a day or so to look around New Orleans.

CruiseontheCarnivalDreamwiththeKreweofNOLAKruisers639_zps76b2ada7.jpg

Once we got our rental we headed off to find some breakfast. And of course we saw a streetcar along the way

CruiseontheCarnivalDreamwiththeKreweofNOLAKruisers640_zps0292baed.jpg

Marriott Hotel on Canal Street

CruiseontheCarnivalDreamwiththeKreweofNOLAKruisers641_zps7a0ad3e2.jpg

CruiseontheCarnivalDreamwiththeKreweofNOLAKruisers642_zps824fcc81.jpg

I mean who wouldn't want a HUGE ASS BEER at 10:00 am :p

Thank you so much for this review, it brought back many memories! We liked the Dream so much, we took cruises on both itineraries just to cruise again in our first "cove balconies". You wouldn't have done a trip review on the Elation would you? We are taking a cruise with our DD and SIL on March. First time we have gone to New Orleans. We are looking forward to it but apprehensive to go back on a smaller ship after 2 cruises on the Dream and one on the Breeze! Hope to see you on a cruise someday!

Pat