Baltic Cruise

I'm speaking about Stockholm, not Copenhagen... It is a port of call and STAR PRINCESS docks in a different town about an hour (each way) from Stockholm.

This is compared to perhaps a 20-minute walk or 5-minute cab ride to central Stockholm for most other ships.

I am not sure where STAR PRINCESS berths in Copenhagen, but it seems to me that most of the larger ships berth at the Free Port which is a bit further from the center of the city from the normal cruise berths at Langelinie. That said, if it is a port of departure rather than a transit port, it does not make much of a difference. Certainly if you have a lot of luggage you would not want to walk into town from either place and once you are in a cab an extra two or three minutes makes little difference.

So while I do agree with you about Copenhagen, my issue was with Stockholm.

Thanks for clarifying Doug. I do remember that we had a considerable distance to travel from port into the city and I agree that the time would have been better spent actually in the city. To be honest however, I don't think that the extra time in the city would have made a huge difference to us. We really liked Gamla Stan but otherwise, I don't think we would have benefitted significantly from more time. Just my 2¢.

Archived