ship time vs. island time???

screwsmcernst

We are sailing out of San Juan in January. Our first island is Barbados. I am wondering if ship time and island time will be the same. I have checked the current time in each place, and they are both an hour ahead of me, so I am thinking the ship time will be the same as Barbados.

Can anyone confirm this for me?

Thanks

We are sailing out of San Juan in January. Our first island is Barbados. I am wondering if ship time and island time will be the same. I have checked the current time in each place, and they are both an hour ahead of me, so I am thinking the ship time will be the same as Barbados.

Can anyone confirm this for me?

Thanks

We are, too, and I was just looking at that today. Here's what I found...:D

http://www.timetemperature.com/caribbean/caribbean_time_zones.shtml

• 2 weeks later...

We will be in Barbados February fourth. We have booked a cruise with Helen from My Sister Tours. If anyone is interested in a 5 hour excursion that includes Screws spa, views & vistas, Mero Beach, rainforest, and a few other stops, please let me know. We have a few more spots before we're full! I can send ypur the name of our tour guide. Yay for vacay!!

We will be in Barbados February fourth. We have booked a cruise with Helen from My Sister Tours. If anyone is interested in a 5 hour excursion that includes Screws spa, views & vistas, Mero Beach, rainforest, and a few other stops, please let me know. We have a few more spots before we're full! I can send ypur the name of our tour guide. Yay for vacay!!

Hey Jacey, wrong island!

I'm also trying to figure out the difference between ship time and island time on a few ports. We are doing the Southern Caribbean route on the Valor next month. Most tours have given me a time but didn't specify ship time or island time. St. Kitts and St. Lucia didn't specify...St. Martin said Island time NOT ship time. SO I'm a little confused. I can contact each company again to ask and may still do that. I was just curious about what you all have experienced on these islands.

I'm also trying to figure out the difference between ship time and island time on a few ports. We are doing the Southern Caribbean route on the Valor next month. Most tours have given me a time but didn't specify ship time or island time. St. Kitts and St. Lucia didn't specify...St. Martin said Island time NOT ship time. SO I'm a little confused. I can contact each company again to ask and may still do that. I was just curious about what you all have experienced on these islands.

Since we only cruise on Royal I can't tell you what Carnival does as to ship time, I'd ask the cruise line. As far as the islands they are all in the same time zone. PR, St Marteen, St Kitts, St Lucia , Barbados all on Atlantic Time, 1 hour ahead of EST.