Kid's Program on Enchantment of the Seas

Has anyone used the kid's program on the RCL Enchantment of the Seas out of Port Canaveral? My kids will be 8 and 6 this summer. We are going to Disneyworld in June this year for 3 to 4 days, trying to plan that now, and I'm researching a 3 day cruise out of Port Canaveral also just in case it's possible, but not on DCL, due to the price not in our budget. I'm curious on any experience taking your kids on Enchantment of the Seas, how the children's program was or just the cruise in general, did you combine this plus a trip to Disney, etc., and was there easy access to and from WDW in Orlando! We will be flying into Orlando Airport.

Thank you!:)

Edited by oceanview72

We went on the 4-day cruise on the Enchantment over Thanksgiving weekend. We traveled with our 7 and 3-year olds. Although I liked the ship, I would probably not recommend for kids. The kids club is basically a couple of rooms with some toys. There were a lot of kids on the ship Thanksgiving week so the kids club was pretty crowded/packed. The Enchantment does not offer any kids activities outside of the kids club area (no kid's shows at night, no characters, no kids movies). There are also NO kids channels or movies on the room TV so definitely bring your ipad/computer with your own games, movies. The pool area is very nice and large. No water park, no slides however large pools including a large kids splash area with plenty of seating/chairs. The two stops are Cocoa Cay and Nassau. Cocoa Cay is very crowded, especially if they have multiple ships on the island. The kids club is quite a walk/far on Cocoa Cay so bring comfortable shoes. We did the Blue Lagoon excursion in Nassau and loved it. Really perfect for younger kids. If you like a smaller ship and plan to have your kids with you most of the time, you may not mind the Enchantment. If you are looking for a large kids area, family activities and kid's night time activities outside of the kids club, you may want to look at another ship.

Thank you! I think I am leaning more towards just doing a land trip at Disney after all. I looked at the ship features after posting here on RCL website and now pretty much thinking maybe it's not the best choice at the moment, and trying to do way too much and on what maybe not have the most extensive kids program for our age group. Our next cruise when we go on one will be number 10 for the DH and I and I wanted to save up for a special 7 night trip on a newer ship, would love to sail on a Quantum class ship.

Hopefully in late 2016. I've been on smaller ships myself, so not minding, but I think now when I factor in budget it makes sense to wait. The kids might be harder to entertain. We did the Nassau port last year with the Carnival Magic and had a fabulous time on that ship, but then it was a bigger ship, vacation geared toward a cruise, the kids program was also pretty decent so the boys were entertained between water slides on deck, movies in the room and the kids club events and themes at night.

Edited by oceanview72

Wondering if anyone has the kid's club schedule for 3 to 5 year olds for the Enchantment 4 night cruise? Having the schedule in hand would be very beneficial for my ASD son.

I will be going on jan 12 and using the Kids club for 'my 3yr old I will get a schedule and email it to you if you like.