Quick Quantum Questions

Hey All,

I've been lurking since the first keel blocks were laid down. Myself and a Party of 6 will be on Quantum this Sunday and I have a few quick questions.

1. While on Deck (and/or Solarium), are there waiters who take drink orders and deliver them?

2. I'm assuming since this is a 12 night sailing, the demographic will be older..am I correct in assuming this?

3. What is open upon embarking? I know they'll usher you to the Windjammer. Is the best place to go, the 270 Café right after we board?

4. How often were Bumper cars open? From the compasses I saw, it was usually an hour or 2 a day.

Thank you!

1. While on Deck (and/or Solarium), are there waiters who take drink orders and deliver them? Yes, and the loungers have little "Quench my thirst" flags to raise for service.

2. I'm assuming since this is a 12 night sailing, the demographic will be older..am I correct in assuming this? Makes sense to me, especially since school will be back in session.

3. What is open upon embarking? I know they'll usher you to the Windjammer. Is the best place to go, the 270 Café right after we board? Two70 or Promenade Café are good alternatives to WJ. No ushering to WJ on this one for us. We boarded right onto deck 4 or 5 and were free to roam un-ushered (granted we arrived fairly late into the boarding process).

4. How often were Bumper cars open? From the compasses I saw, it was usually an hour or 2 a day. Once per day, but the length of time varied. The Seaplex also offered roller skating, flying trapeze, and open sports courts (basket ball/soccer).

IS it true that Diamond members can get 3 free drinks at any bar on ship except for the robot bar? Can't believe that drinks will be free.

Yes, Diamond, D+ and Pinnacles can get 3 free drinks *daily* during specific hours. They can not be used in any restaurants, robot bar or in WJ. The purpose is to alleviate overcrowding of the Diamond Lounge/CL.

Thank you "Life is Good". It is a great perk to get 3 free drinks daily. I will just have to find out what the hours are.

Between the hours of 5PM to 8:30PM. And you can only order what is available in the Diamond Lounge on board.

DSC07655_zps6c443e15.jpg

Edited by cruisenfever

Thank you "Life is Good". It is a great perk to get 3 free drinks daily. I will just have to find out what the hours are.

Plus what you drink in the DL :). The 3 drink coupons are preloaded onto your seapass card.

You're not supposed to be able to use them in the dining rooms but I was able to apply my nightly 3 coupons toward a $48 bottle of wine in one of the DD rooms. Net cost to me was zero.

1. While on Deck (and/or Solarium), are there waiters who take drink orders and deliver them? Yes, and the loungers have little "Quench my thirst" flags to raise for service.

Is this only on Quantum of the seas? I don't think I ever saw this on any other ships. We haven't been on many, but the ones we have been on, I do not remember seeing these.

Edited by funNJfamily

Plus what you drink in the DL :).

You're not supposed to be able to use them in the dining rooms but I was able to apply my nightly 3 coupons toward a $48 bottle of wine in one of the DD rooms. Net cost to me was zero.

Do you think that was an exception just in your case or something that's policy?

Is this only on Quantum of the seas? I don't think I ever saw this on any other ships. We haven't been on many, but the ones we have been on, I do not remember seeing these.

Something new to us also. I think it's because they cut back on the crew and can't afford to have servers walking around pushing drinks. Frankly, I didn't miss them.