ES - multiple price matches, right?

JohnMI

Sorry for yet-another-newbie-ES-question, but here goes...

I booked the "Last Call Early Saver" price for my wife and I on the Sensation in March just a couple weeks ago. Price was $299/person plus taxes for a porthole room. I paid half up front with the last payment due this coming 11th.

Yesterday, I saw a lower rate with a OBC. It is listed as the "VIFP Club Member Exclusive Offer" and is $279/person (plus $10 to upgrade to a porthole room) and comes with a $30 OBC. I called my PVP and, after some trouble where he had to get a Supervisor to put it through, was able to get me that rate. So, I saved $10/person, kept the exact same porthole room, and got the $30 OBC. Seems great!

My question is this... Am I correct in my understanding that, should the rate lower again, I would again qualify for a discount since I originally booked at an ES rate?

The reason for my concern that that might not be the case is this note in my new booking confirmation:

A valid and qualifying VIFP Club Member number is required from at least one person in each stateroom to be eligible for this rate. Onboard credit offer is non-transferable and is provided as a non-refundable credit. Subsequent upgrades in lieu of price protection will no longer be offered. Cancellation penalties apply.

What does that mean exactly? That part about subsequent upgrades no longer being offered seems odd to me. Can someone fill me in on where I stand as far as potential future upgrades and/or OBC for price drops?

Thank you!

- John...

Yes, it really is "once Early Saver, always Early Saver." You are currently booked to the VIFP offer, including OBC but if another better offer for which you qualify comes along you will be able to change to the newer offer up until 2 days before cruise departure.

I agree -- keep looking for lower rates as you are eligible.

However, keep in mind that if you find a lower rate, you need to take that $30 OBC into account because when you switch to the lower rate, you will lose the $30 OBC that came with the current promotion.