Best Beaches at Tortolla and St. Maartin

KevinsCruising

Make a left leaving the port and just stay on the sidewalk, and you'll make it to downtown (and the beaches) in about 10 minutes. There are lots of bars along the beach, as well as places renting chairs and umbrellas. We've done it the past two years in St. M and really enjoyed it both times.

You can walk or take the water taxi across. We were just there and had a great day on the beach. Go to Juggies $2.50 for two beers and a small cuban cigar....

Never been to Tortolla, so I can't answer this question.

I think Great Bay is a load of fun. We went there and had a blast. Its right downtown (Dutch side), and right there when you get off the water taxi. You can really explore the downtown which is very cultural, and the nice little shops and restaurants/bistros.

The water is nice, the atmosphere is fun. It's part festive and part relaxing.

I know most people like to go to Maho for the jets, and Orient for the scenery.

My preference is to have a little beach time, but really experience the local culture. There are really fun little tiki huts up and down the beach that rent chairs with umbrellas which usually includes a bucket of beer for very cheap.

If you just want to visit a nice beach, then go to Florida, but if you also like culture and shopping, I don't know how you can go wrong with Great Bay.

Have fun and please share where you went.

I would love to hear about Tortolla.

Edited by DreamingBig1

Maho is far and requires a taxi. They drop you off right next to the beach and restaurant/bar.

Thank you, I was wondering about the walk or how to get from Mullets to Maho?

Would love to spend some time at Mullets then go in the afternoon to Maho, but my mom can not walk much, she had COPD.

Can you rent chairs and umbrella at Maho?

Thank you, I was wondering about the walk or how to get from Mullets to Maho?

Would love to spend some time at Mullets then go in the afternoon to Maho, but my mom can not walk much, she had COPD.

Can you rent chairs and umbrella at Maho?

A taxi can take you from 1 to the other. It will cost a bit cause I think they are at opposite ends of the (relatively small) island.

You can you rent chairs and umbrella at Maho - right near the restaurant/bar.