Vision of the Seas question

I have a quick question for anyone just off the Vision. When you were in Cozumel did the ship time differ from the local time. We would love to do the amazing race if the timing works out on our April cruise. I am asking because I just took my first royal cruise over New Years on the Grandeur of the seas and when we docked at Cozumel and got off we found that the ship time and the local time were one hour different. I don't remember this occurring on ncl or carnival. I have searched to try to find the answer and it looks like it is up to the captain of the ship. Hopefully someone just off the Vision can let me know if the ship changes to local time in port or remains on ship time the whole cruise. :confused:

Thanks

I have a quick question for anyone just off the Vision. When you were in Cozumel did the ship time differ from the local time. We would love to do the amazing race if the timing works out on our April cruise. I am asking because I just took my first royal cruise over New Years on the Grandeur of the seas and when we docked at Cozumel and got off we found that the ship time and the local time were one hour different. I don't remember this occurring on ncl or carnival. I have searched to try to find the answer and it looks like it is up to the captain of the ship. Hopefully someone just off the Vision can let me know if the ship changes to local time in port or remains on ship time the whole cruise. :confused:

Thanks

Just be aware that each Captain (and sometimes the same Captain) can have different policies on different cruises doing the same exact itinerary on the same ship.

Just be aware that each Captain (and sometimes the same Captain) can have different policies on different cruises doing the same exact itinerary on the same ship.

Isn't there some kind of schedule they need to adhere to? I wouldn't think they would be able to come and go as they please with needing a harbor pilot. :confused::confused:

The captain is the one who determines what will occur regarding the ship's time and as Bob said each will determine what time is observed. I ran across this little tidbit today and this may add another level of complication in your case... starting in February the state of Quintana Roo (Cozumel and Costa Maya) is changing to EST. So your cruise will start and end in EDT, while you visit ports are CST and EST. That would be a lot of changes for a 7 day cruise... they may deal with it in an alternate fashion. Probable won't know for sure until you are on your cruise.

The ship will coordinate arrival time for the pilot and docking, the may do that in local time or perhaps GMT. The ship time will not be affected by that.

Edited by BillB48

........ starting in February the state of Quintana Roo (Cozumel and Costa Maya) is changing to EST. So your cruise will start and end in EDT, while you visit ports are CST and EST. That would be a lot of changes for a 7 day cruise...

Hi,

that would be really difficult for the crew ......if the ship was going to change the time to each local time ...... I do not like the change from EST to EDT and later in the year back to EST........ imagine doing that two or three times a week, every week.