Azores?

NorthernLite

Has anyone been there? How accessible is it? I'll be there in May for a full day and use a manual chair. I do not walk but can do transfers with help from my DH. The ship docks at Ponta Del Garda. I've read what the shore excursions are from Celebrity but they all seem to require the 3 steps up into a bus. Ain't gonna happen anytime soon so... Any help or hints welcome.

Sue
Norwegian Sun-Sept 2001
Carnival Legend-Oct 2002
Celebrity Galaxy-April 2003
Carnival Legend-Oct 2003
Celebrity Galaxy-May 7, 2004

• 1 month later...
Hate to answer my own questions but figured I'd get this out of the way before the full write up. The Azores are made for cast iron butts and muscle bound pushers. Do not lose a tear over the two colored lakes as immediately before the bus turns into the area to park they announce---they are both green. This made a fellow cruiser with us soo mad I thought she'd be in the brig the remainder of the trip. Seems nitrogen based fertilzers had changed the twin lakes both green many years ago.

In an amazing feat we didn't even eat there. My husband just plain likes food. There is a warning in the Azores to stay to bottled water. If we were able bodied hikers I'm sure it would have been a b;ast. But although there are some curb cuts appearing and even a few small storied malls with elevators; there is not much else there but post cards. Oh, had the souse not had to push us so far to get away from the commercial dock we probably would have eaten at one of the quay side restarants. Nice views, sun and fishermen and their dogs to watch.

Sue
Norwegian Sun-Sept 2001
Carnival Legend-Oct 2002
Celebrity Galaxy-April 2003
Carnival Legend-Oct 2003
Celebrity Galaxy-May 7, 2004

• 1 month later...

Archived