Dream webcam

LivetoVaca

Just got home from sailing the Dream last week and the reason the main pool was empty yesterday was the weather. Winds were gusting up to 84 km/hour and seas were 12-15 feet. And it was super cold on the Lido deck. My guess is everyone - myself and my son included - were seeking refuge in their cabins. It was not a fun day cruising in the Gulf of Mexico yesterday.

They did open up the pool much later in the afternoon, but the only crazies to jump in were some young boys from Chicago, who were obviously used to the cold windy weather.

Just got home from sailing the Dream last week and the reason the main pool was empty yesterday was the weather. Winds were gusting up to 84 km/hour and seas were 12-15 feet. And it was super cold on the Lido deck. My guess is everyone - myself and my son included - were seeking refuge in their cabins. It was not a fun day cruising in the Gulf of Mexico yesterday.

They did open up the pool much later in the afternoon, but the only crazies to jump in were some young boys from Chicago, who were obviously used to the cold windy weather.

Was it warm enough to swim the other days? We sail on the dream next month.

Both the first and last days of our cruise on the Dream were rather crummy weather wise. The first sea day in the Gulf was overcast and quite cool, but the pools were open and people were definitely taking advantage of the hot tubs! The last sea day was a wash… literally. It was certainly the worst day of cruising I've ever experienced, and this was my sixth cruise (third on Carnival). Awful, awful weather.

The middle of our vacation was brilliant. Gorgeous sunshine, lovely ports (we stopped in Cozumel, Grand Cayman and Jamaica) and plenty of sand and surf. The second sea day after leaving Jamaica was amazing. My son and I spent nearly six hours on the water slides and in the main pool. That day made up for our day of churning misery in the Gulf on Saturday. Thank goodness for Dramamine!

And now we're home and waiting for the monster blizzard due to arrive on the East Coast this afternoon. Makes me want to hop on the Dream and head back to Jamaica!

Enjoy your trip!

Unfortunately I think this comes with the territory when sailing out of New Orleans this time of year. We sailed January 2014 and we didnt have rough water but the weather was certainly cooler than I would have liked. We had sweatshirts on out on our balcony.

Unfortunately I think this comes with the territory when sailing out of New Orleans this time of year. We sailed January 2014 and we didnt have rough water but the weather was certainly cooler than I would have liked. We had sweatshirts on out on our balcony.

Reminds of one of our cruises out of Miami.... We actually were wearing coats on the Lido deck sailing away. :( Sailing in the winter months can be rough, weather wise, but it always warms up soon enough for us. I'd be leary about sailing out the more northern ports, such as Baltimore for that reason though. But if the price is right, I'd sacrifice the pool on day 1.