Ambergris Caye

kchesneylover

I have been reading these boards and googling for weeks now. So is Ambergris Caye the best place to snorkel in Belize?

I am really really REALLY worried about getting bit by a barracuda or a shark. I want to see lots of coral and pretty fish. Is this the place to do it?

I just booked with Coral breeze to do snorkling at shark /ray alley, with my wife and 2 children, and hope to see all kinds of rays and sharks, except of course a big white :eek:

If the tour companies thought there was any danger or risk offering a specific tour; trust me because I do not think they would.

Islander1763

I have been reading these boards and googling for weeks now. So is Ambergris Caye the best place to snorkel in Belize?

I am really really REALLY worried about getting bit by a barracuda or a shark. I want to see lots of coral and pretty fish. Is this the place to do it?

FIrst of all Ambergris Caye is my favorite spot. It is about 10 miles offshore from Beleize City.

I spent a week there last year snorkeling and you are more likely to be hit in the ehad by a coconut than to be bitten by a shark or barracuda.

Ambergris Caye is about 36 miles north of Belize City. There are shipboard tours that go a less distance, and are spectacular, or come ashore and buy from the local operators that do a great job with snorkling at various closer reef areas, including the shark/ray and Hol Chan and Coral Gardens marine reserves, and cheaper than ship board prices. Check the boards for companies ashore that do these tours. They are all good. And nothing is going to bite you, believe us - we've been there, done that!!!

Oceanbaby - is there any tour that you could recommend that goes to Hol Chan Marine and Shark Ray Alley? It seems some of the tours also do not go all teh way to Hol Chan due to distance? We have done a lot of snorkeling and want to so some great marine life. I have heard great things about the reefs in belize so we want to get out and see that.

Archived