Birthdays on carnival dream

My husband's birthday is the day we embark. What are my options for doing something special for him? I see online at the Carnival store that you can buy cakes and things. If I do that will they have it in our cabin when we get on the ship or is that something they bring later? I am curious as to how this works and i am a terrible secret keeper! :eek: Only 291 more days to keep this one!

My husband's birthday is the day we embark. What are my options for doing something special for him? I see online at the Carnival store that you can buy cakes and things. If I do that will they have it in our cabin when we get on the ship or is that something they bring later? I am curious as to how this works and i am a terrible secret keeper! :eek: Only 291 more days to keep this one!

I am cruising in March and ordered off the 'store' for the first time! When I got to the checkout process, it asked you when / where you want it delivered. I have also read many others post that they have ordered cakes and had them in the room when the arrived or delivered to the dining room on a certain night (including the first night). Good luck with whatever you decide! PS...we are keeping our upcoming cruise a secret from our kiddos! So glad that I only have to keep the secret a few more weeks! I'm a TERRIBLE secret keeper!!!!

We have used this service almost every time we cruise. I especially liked the chocolate covered strawberries that were waiting on us in our cabin (Even with Faster to the Fun) a few years ago.

But like others mentioned you can specify which date and location you want the goodies delivered to as well as a message if you prefer!

We have even used this for family members cruising and they LOVED it! Sure it is another $10 but in my opinion it is totally worth it and does in fact surprise the other person!

Enjoy your cruise!

Tell your waiter in the dining room and they will sing a nice song and bring out a piece of cake. Nothing more than getting a birthday song at Applebee's but at least it won't cost anything.

oooh no way! neither one of us are the "center of attention" type. one reason for JP wedding. ;-) He might not speak to me the whole rest of the trip for that! That's mainly why I was asking, if there was a way to do it and have them bring the cake to the cabin at a certain time or have it there upon our arrival. Thanks for the help though!!

We have used this service almost every time we cruise. I especially liked the chocolate covered strawberries that were waiting on us in our cabin (Even with Faster to the Fun) a few years ago.

But like others mentioned you can specify which date and location you want the goodies delivered to as well as a message if you prefer!

We have even used this for family members cruising and they LOVED it! Sure it is another $10 but in my opinion it is totally worth it and does in fact surprise the other person!

Enjoy your cruise!

that is exactly what i was looking at! Chocolate covered strawberries and a birthday cake. thanks for the input! now if only I can keep this secret for a VERY long time!!! Is this something I should go ahead and purchase like now? and will it be mentioned when we check in at the terminal? Hubby is the head cruiser and I am his guest, does that come up?