Aft or mid-ship balcony?

dng6325

We'll be on the Pearl to Alaska this summer and would like some advice as to which cabin is better.

We have the choice between a mid-ship port side on deck 10 ( I have read that viewing GlacierBay on port side was better) or an aft balcony also on deck 10. We probably will have to stay on our balcony to view the glaciers in the early morning because of sleeping kids, so which cabin do you think offer a better view?

Is ship movement/rocking more felt in the back of the ship? How much bigger is the aft balcony?

Thank you in advance for any advice!

Went on the Pearl and had a mid balcony. The Captain had the ship do 360 turns so everybody could see what was happening. Wd went in June and it was cold as could be in Glacier bay. Kept going in the room to get warm and then back to the balcony. Rest of the cruise was very mild temp wise.

We had an aft balcony on the Breakaway to Bermuda and it was awesome. In addition to the larger balcony, it was nice to hang out while under way and not be in the wind.

Our first cruise was an Alaska repositioning on the Star that left out of LA. We had a port mid ship balcony and it was fine, but once we were up in Alaska, we didn't spend a lot of time on it. We didn't do Glacier Bay on that trip, so I can't speak to the views.

We have an aft mini booked on the Sun for our second Alaska trip in September. My dad is going with us and we have him in a mid-ship ocean view since this is his first cruise and we don't know if he gets seasick or not. We sprung for the mini for the larger hang out space for the three of us. I'm definitely looking forward to being able to sit out on the balcony out of the wind.

Ship movement doesn't bother me at all--in fact I like being rocked to sleep at night when the ship speeds up. :D I think on the aft on the Breakaway there was more movement--I remember the hangars in the closet banging around a bit--but it wasn't terrible.

I'd say if you have the option of the aft balcony to do it.

Jen