Tampa suggestions please

willow0325

Good morning fellow cruisers! We are considering cruising out of Tampa next Spring. We'd like to spend a few days post-cruise on the Gulf coast. We don't really want to drive too far (will likely rent a car), but an hour or two max is fine -- any suggestions of where you've stayed post cruise around the Tampa area (hotel, condo, etc) ? We definitely want to be on the water and prefer an accommodation with a kitchen/kitchenette. Thanks for your suggestions and happy cruising!

One of our favorite beach front resorts is The Alden. It is located on St.Pete Beach. All of the rooms are suites which include a separate bedroom area, kitchenette , dining area and living room space. The hotel has two heated pools, hot tubs, tennis courts a beach bar and beach toy rentals. They also offer a gated garage area for parking.

We have stayed there several times and have always had a positive experience. There are plenty of restaurants and shopping within walking distance as well.

http://www.aldenbeachresort.com/

We have planned a trip to Clearwater Beach for April 2015...it's a first for us.

Not far from Tampa at all. Check out Trip Advisor Travel Forum for Clearwater Beach.

Betty, while visiting Clearwater Beach, try to make a visit to Jimmy's Fish House and Iguana Bar. It is a cool little beach bar/restaurant that is located at the Holiday Inn on Clearwater Beach.

Each evening at sunset, they have a count-down celebration...... so great sunsets and water views. They have both inside and outside patio seating as well as a bar area.

The food is really good and the prices decent.

I am a local here and this is one of my go-to places when I'm in that area.

http://www.jimmysfishhouse.net/

Have a fun trip !

Betty, while visiting Clearwater Beach, try to make a visit to Jimmy's Fish House and Iguana Bar. It is a cool little beach bar/restaurant that is located at the Holiday Inn on Clearwater Beach.

Each evening at sunset, they have a count-down celebration...... so great sunsets and water views. They have both inside and outside patio seating as well as a bar area.

The food is really good and the prices decent.

I am a local here and this is one of my go-to places when I'm in that area.

http://www.jimmysfishhouse.net/[/url

Have a fun trip !

Thanks, I have put it on the list :)