Margaritaville with a Toddler?

Olwyn

Hi Everyone!

Most of my family are going on excursions while we are in Ocho Rios, and it is up to My mom and I to babysit my tiny niece.

Mom is 73, and we want safety, cleanliness, some shopping and a good lunch with Margaritas....of course!:D

Would Margaritaville be a good choice?

I had considered going to Mahogany Beach for the day, but I think that this option might be better...a short walk from the pier...with no hassles from locals...I hope!

Any suggestions would be helpful!:)

Thanks

Olwyn

Margaritaville is an excellent choice. It's right next to the pier and there's quite a few shops inside the Island Village complex (where M's is). From what I remember, the complex is set up for tourists. It's nothing like the other shopping centers where you are approached by people trying to sell things.

I brought my 7 yr. old and he loved it. There was nothing crazy (on an adults only scale) that was going on. We went for a late lunch at 1pm and it's just a fun atmosphere. It's a $3 charge to use the beach, but it's nice. There are some vendors that are a little pushy, but after 1 or 2 tries, they leave you alone. My DH, DS, and I really had a great. Location wise, Margaritaville is part of the Island Village complex which is the closest to the cruise terminal. It's just a quick few minutes to get back to the ship. Enjoy!

Bubba - What time were you there? Both times we were there we saw no chugging or flashing.... damn, may have been fun. During the day (lunch time) we did see kids using the slides and families eating. The night time we were there, it was slightly more rowdy and busy, but nothing along the lines of a Carlos and Charlies.

Hi Everyone!

Most of my family are going on excursions while we are in Ocho Rios, and it is up to My mom and I to babysit my tiny niece.

Mom is 73, and we want safety, cleanliness, some shopping and a good lunch with Margaritas....of course!:D

Would Margaritaville be a good choice?

I had considered going to Mahogany Beach for the day, but I think that this option might be better...a short walk from the pier...with no hassles from locals...I hope!

Any suggestions would be helpful!:)

Thanks

Olwyn

We were in Margaritaville last week. This was our second time there. Were were there with a 30 month old toddler and the sand and the beach are fine for the little ones, although the beach was a bit rocky with a very cold current.

I will say that the vendors were very pushy this time around. There were also so many more of them that it made some of the members in our party uncomfortable.

Margaritaville was as fun as ever. The food was wonderful and the kids really enjoy the waterslide and pool. We chose Margaritaville because it was closest to the ship and it was our second stop after Dunn's River Falls. If I was going to spend the whole day on the beach I would choose one of the nicer spots on 7 mile beach.

Archived