Shade on the Reflection

kqcallahan

I am lucky enough to have pale skin that has two colors only: Red and white. When i took my last cruise Cruise Critic helped me find the one "hidden" spot on the cruise that had shade and lawn chairs :)

So how hard is it to get shade on the Reflection? Is it hard to get some? Thanks!!

I am lucky enough to have pale skin that has two colors only: Red and white. When i took my last cruise Cruise Critic helped me find the one "hidden" spot on the cruise that had shade and lawn chairs :)

So how hard is it to get shade on the Reflection? Is it hard to get some? Thanks!!

On both sides of the pool area there are row after row of loungers by the windows under the deck. Then there is the;

Solarium

Find true poolside serenity at the Solarium. Featuring a gorgeous pool, sparkling waterfalls, thickly padded lounge chairs, and an adults-only policy, tranquility is always just a few steps away.

On both sides of the pool area there are row after row of loungers by the windows under the deck. Then there is the;

Solarium

Find true poolside serenity at the Solarium. Featuring a gorgeous pool, sparkling waterfalls, thickly padded lounge chairs, and an adults-only policy, tranquility is always just a few steps away.

And Shade? lol

Thanks, Now I'm gonna have to do research on the Solarium lol. Price and what the heck it is (besides adults only) :)

It is on the same deck as the main pool, 14 if memory serves me today.

It has a glass roof which can be opened, but it never was during our 7 day sailing in Nov 2013. It is basicly indoors with a hot tub on each side by the window overlooking the water, with hamicks on both sides. Dang! Now it is going to be even harder to wait another 270 days till we get to go again!

Edited by wallie5446

I have skin like yours and spent a good part of every day in the Solarium last year on Reflection. I love the pool but not the sun. It is the best of both worlds IMO. Hot tubs comfy chairs and the pool with a nice amount of light and no worries about reapplying sunscreen all day. Oh and the Aqua spa cafe is right there for a snack too when available. You will love it! :)

I have skin like yours and spent a good part of every day in the Solarium last year on Reflection. I love the pool but not the sun. It is the best of both worlds IMO. Hot tubs comfy chairs and the pool with a nice amount of light and no worries about reapplying sunscreen all day. Oh and the Aqua spa cafe is right there for a snack too when available. You will love it! :)

Is the Aqua Spa Cafe only for those in Aqua class or anyone who has paid for the Solarium??

Can you pay per the day or does it have to be a 7-day thing?

Is it like some others where you book a chair? Or do you just get there early and take a spot?

Are the hammocks like the chairs? How many are there? lol

Thanks

Is the Aqua Spa Cafe only for those in Aqua class or anyone who has paid for the Solarium??

Can you pay per the day or does it have to be a 7-day thing?

Is it like some others where you book a chair? Or do you just get there early and take a spot?

Are the hammocks like the chairs? How many are there? lol

Thanks

There is no cost to relax in the Solarium, and the Aqua Spa Cafe has nothing to do with the spa nor the cabin level named likewise. More like a fruit n yogurt bar, with very nice salads and smoothies which are covered by the beverage pkgs.

The chair hogs will be out in force just as they are by the outdoor pools, but for some reason we have experienced less hogging there on the Reflection and Equinox.

There are 2 hammocks per side, on either side of the hot tubs, and couples really like to snuggle up for a nice afternoon nap:eek::D

Not a great pic, but hope you will get the 'shade' part. This is on both sides of the pool. ( one of the staff from the MDR that took care of everyone all week )

Thanks! If it is warm out and has this shade I will have an even more awesome trip. :)