Questions on tours, walking, Parasailing, Please HELP!

judyf

I have read and searched but still undecided and we leave in 4 weeks. My mother can't walk far, so looking for the least amount of walking from ship to get to tour guide. What's the best?

What we mainly want is time at Orient Beach, we want to Jet ski and parasail, so want enough time to do both or at least one. And we want to see the Planes at Maho. Where should we go on the Orient Beach for these activities and best prices?

I took Bernard's tour a few years back, when he still went to the Iguana Farm, I don't remember much time at the Orient Beach. How much time do you get on Tour #2 at Orient Beach? Plus we have no interest in going to the town and Bakery again.

I have also looked at Viator's 2 beach tour but read some reviews they didn't have much time at Orient Beach. Any current cruisers take this tour? Any info? Almost seems best for us, but worried about time at Orient Beach.

What would be our best options for the above activities with the least amount of walking but plenty of time at Orient Beach and still see a few planes? I don't really want to rent a car and need a driver, we are on vacation. :D

Once your ship docks, there is a free tram (passengers normally tip $1 pp) that will pick you up at the cruise ship and drop you off at the end of the pier. If there are multiple ships in port, it may take some time for the tram to arrive. You can also ask the cruise line if they can wheel your Mom down to the end of the pier in a wheelchair.

Tour 2 with Bernard, will give you 2 hours on Orient Beach and they will make a stop in Marigot. Now if all the passengers do not want to stop at Marigot, they will then go straight to Maho Beach after Orient. No way of knowing if Marigot will be bypass until you're on the tour.

I have seen rentals for jet skiing at Bikini Beach and they may also have parasailing. Bikini Beach is right next door to La Playa where Bernard's tours drops you off.

Have not taken Viator Tour, so can not give any comments.

Another option would be is to take a taxi from the pier over to Orient Beach, stay as long as you like then taxi over to Maho Beach and then taxi back to the pier.

I second Linda's suggestion of getting a taxi from the pier to Orient Beach; jet skiing and parasailing are available. We've taken taxis back and forth a few times. Personally I'd rather watch the Youtube videos of Maho and the planes because there is a lot of sand and debris flying around there. But taxis are plentiful and the drivers will come back for you if you ask.

I second Linda's suggestion of getting a taxi from the pier to Orient Beach; jet skiing and parasailing are available. We've taken taxis back and forth a few times. Personally I'd rather watch the Youtube videos of Maho and the planes because there is a lot of sand and debris flying around there. But taxis are plentiful and the drivers will come back for you if you ask.

As far as sand and debris flying all over, that would only happen if you are in the path of the jet taking off. There are many people, including us on the beach that do not stand or sit anywhere near the path of those jets taking off. There's a big difference between watching them on you-tube and actually being there and seeing it live, it is just amazing and you really should experience it at least once in your life. My husband never gets tired of seeing those planes land or take off, just give me a beach and I'm happy :)

• 4 weeks later...