Questions About Dream (mostly food related)

dfen74

Hi. First time cruising with Carnival. Have been on Princess twice so only familiar with their policies. I have a few questions that I'm hoping to get some help with.

1. Soda package - will we be limited to taking 16 oz glasses each time? Will they let us use our own sports bottles/tumblers so fewer return trips are necessary?

2. Is the MDR menu posted somewhere earlier in the day so that we can decide where to eat dinner?

3. Quality of Dream's steakhouse vs Princess' Crown Grill? We had incredible meals both times at the Crown Grill.

4. Green Eggs & Ham breakfast - when can you sign up? I cannot find a spot to do so on the Carnival website.

5. Do balcony cabins have a mini fridge if we bring our own soda?

6. What theme nights do they typically have in the buffet? I'm holding out for Mexican:D

Thanks very much for your help. Only 5 days to go.

Dave

1. They will pour you a glass of soda with ice each time - as far as i know there is no need to wait in-between sodas so say if you have a 24 oz travel mug it will not be an issue to get enough soda to fill it but they typically will not give you a can.

2. The menu will be posted outside of the MDR as well as on your TV every day.

3. Never tried Princess but we've always enjoyed the steak house!

4. I believe we went to guest services as soon as we got on to reserve a spot. We did this last April on the Splendor and it was awesome.

5. Yes! Every one we have ever been in did.

6. Not sure - I'm usually too full from late dinner to even think about it.

Have a great time!!!

5. Although not every Carnival ship has a fridge in every room, every room on the Dream does indeed have a fridge. Often, the fridge temp is more like 50-55 instead of the ideal 35-40. But, on my last Dream cruise, the fridge temp was quite cold, just what a fridge should be. We didn't even need to use my cooler.

6. During one of the late night deck parties, there will be a full Mexican buffet, starting around 11pm or so. This is one of the few Carnival ships to still have this, as it's being phased out. But, most people don't dress up Mexican. The deck parties have a theme of their 2 lido bars: red frog & blue iguana. So red for one, blue for the other. I don't know which color will have the Mexican buffet. The regular dinner buffet will have no theme. Most people go to the dining room for dinners. Breakfast & lunch buffets also won't have themes.

Edited by k2excursion

Maybe not themed but the lunch main buffet will have a special cuisine every day.

There will always be a salad bar, pizza station and depending on your ship - Guys burgers, Cucina, deli, Mongolian wok, etc - but there is a buffet line that changes daily and offer caribbean one day, french one day, Italian one day and I think they do an American or southern comfort buffet.