No Show in Cabin and OBC

Raven Days

I booked and paid for 3 cabins on my cruise on the Magic next month. In one of the cabins would have been my son, his fiance and my children's father...we are divorced. My ex-husband has been in declining health for some time and just had a Cardiac ablation and will not be able to go on the cruise. There had been some back and forth prior to that procedure if he would go or not, but now its a definite no.

What my question is, over the past few months that cabin has racked up $240 in OBC. I want that money to go to my son and his fiance. I also pre paid gratuities for that cabin as well. How do I ensure that the total for that cabin is split between whom I want it for? I booked ES and I think the price dropped one time by $20 for the 3rd pax.

I am not calling and canceling him out of the booking, since I do not want the cabin moved. They are booked into a 3 person cabin and are near the other two. I was just going to wait until we board and go to guest services. Has anyone done this?

Edited by Raven Days

Here is how it was split for me..It is myself, my mom and my 6 year old listed in our cabin. I am #1, mom #2, dd #3. We used 2 different credit cards to pay for the cruise one was mine( I paid for myself and my dd) the other was my moms (She paid for herself). We have accumulated $310 My PVP told OBC for early saver is defaulted to divide via all guests 18 or over equally. So in our case we each get $155 a piece of OBC. She is just going to give me dd portion that she has. Hope that helps answer your question.

I had a very similar situation in January. One of three in a cabin ended up sick and couldn't go. Since it was last minute, we just showed up without her. We told them at check in that she was not coming. They did end up paging her before muster. They refunded the port fees on the sign & sail card. The OBC did not show up though. I had to call customer service after the cruise in order to get the OBC credited, which they did put back on my card within a week.