Night in San Juan

chaching

We are wondering the same thing so will keep an eye on this thread to, hopefully, get some ideas.

Right now we are thinking of walking the El Morro Trail along the coast and to the fortress to begin with and maybe find a club to park ourselves in for the rest of the evening.

Those are bad hours. El Morro is only open 9 till 5 June /Nov and 9 till 6 Dec/May. So much of the beauty of old San Juan is just walking around the city that you won't have that much time for that. We made sure we booke a cruise that we were there early morning till late afternoon.

We too have a late port call in San Juan. There are tons of great restaurants so I am sure we will look for some place wonderful to dine. Also looking at possibly booking an excursion to one of the bioluminescent kayak tours. I have read about them and it looks very cool, and something different you can't do just anywhere.

• 2 weeks later...
Our cruise ship does not arrive in port until 3:30 p.m. and leaves at 11 p.m. What is there to do our tour during those hours? Any ideas?

We have spent a lot of time in OSJ and enjoy it a lot. It is not the best time for a port call, but one new thing I discovered was the Coqui frogs. Its not a huge attraction, but walk along the shore by the pier, heading east (I think, head to the city not the port entrance side) it was sort of dark, there were benches. Just sit and listen to their song.

Here is a link to my video of the song of the coqui frogs