Navigator(Galveston) campared to NCL Jewel(Houston)

I sailed on Navigator March 22-29, 2015 and on NCL Jewel Nov. 29-Dec. 6, 2014.

Houston has a beautiful cruise terminal and is close to Hobby airport. Galveston has an adequate terminal. Once at the terminal, we were able to get on the ship quicker in Galveston. We had a delay in Houston, because a lot of new crew were joining our cruise. Checking them took a long time.

We were suite guests on both cruises so we went to the specialty restaurants for lunch. This is a subjective preference, but I like NCL Modenaro which overlooks the pool better than Royals Chops near the Windjammer.

The servers and greeters were friendlier in Modenaro. The over easy eggs were prepared just how I like them in both restaurants. I felt the burgers were better in Modenaro.

I enjoyed the buffet on both Jewel and Navigator. We were always able to find a table on both ships. My preference goes to Jewel because of the aft outdoor eating area and the grill by the pool.

We had dinner in the small MDR on Jewel and had good service and food. However, our server, Sheriton was very friendly and provided excellent service. My nod goes to Royal.

The officers on Jewel were exceptionally friendly and several knew my name. Romney is my favorite officer. Jon who is the officer in charge of the environment went out of his way to visit me in the Med Center ICU. NCL officers on Jewel are top notch.

The bed was more comfortable on Jewel. I liked the toiletries on both ships. There were more English speaking channels on Jewel, but there was more information available on Navigator. It's a draw between the two.

The internet is MUCH faster on Jewel. Get one of the unlimited packages on Navigator otherwise you'll spend a lot of money waiting for the next website connect. Also, on Facebook the internet would log off and I would have to log back in. This was very annoying. Without a doubt NCL Jewel wins.

The production shows on Jewel were much better than on Navigator. The aerial show on Jewel is a must do. The ice show on Navigator is exceptional. Overall Jewel wins.

The library/card room is larger on Jewel with more tables and has big windows. The library/card room shares the room with the internet cafe on Navigator and has no windows. Definitely Jewel wins.

By default, Navigator wins the Concierge Lounge category. The room is not appealing, but the appetizers and variety of drinks are very good. There is no Concierge Lounge on Jewel.

The pools on Navigator far surpass the pools on Jewel. There are reserved lounge chairs for suite guests on NOS. Without a doubt Navigator takes this category by a landslide.

I would definitely cruise on either ship again.

If there are any questions, I'd be happy to answer them.