Recent Glory Cruisers

We havent sailed on Carnival since 2012. We have sailed exclusively on NCL since then, however with the new leadership in charge, they seem to have done away with interline rates. So last night we booked the 7/4 sailing on the Glory. We have sailed the Glory before but that was in 2005, and I know a lot has changed with Carnival since we have been aboard one of their ships. I'm guessing the ship has all the 2.0 upgrades? How was your experience onboard the Glory?

We were on b2b cruises on the Glory the first 2 weeks in March. I am in the process of covering each day of the cruise on my blog. Here is the link to the start of the posts about the Glory.

My Souvenir Memories Blog

I have included lots of photos so you could read about our experiences and get some info from looking through the posts. Since we did a b2b, we were on both the Eastern & Western routes. Let me know if you have any specific questions.

I am in the reverse situation from you. After 10 cruises on either Carnival or Princess, we are starting to plan our first NCL cruise on the Pride of America. I feel like such a newbie trying to figure out a new cruiseline! :)

We were on b2b cruises on the Glory the first 2 weeks in March. I am in the process of covering each day of the cruise on my blog. Here is the link to the start of the posts about the Glory.

My Souvenir Memories Blog

I have included lots of photos so you could read about our experiences and get some info from looking through the posts. Since we did a b2b, we were on both the Eastern & Western routes. Let me know if you have any specific questions.

I am in the reverse situation from you. After 10 cruises on either Carnival or Princess, we are starting to plan our first NCL cruise on the Pride of America. I feel like such a newbie trying to figure out a new cruiseline! :)

Great Blog -- you will enjoy NCL -- lots of wonderful extra pay restaurants - 2nd City is also good and some shows not full of 4 letter words.

I posted a recent review just this week. It was our third cruise and by far the worst. Cabin steward skipped us first night, MDR staff was a joke and passengers were very rude and disrepectful to the crew. We did not encounter this on our 2 previous cruises. We won't cruise out of Miami again or on the Glory. Just my family experience and opinion.

So sorry to hear you did not enjoy cruise. What a bummer!

Our daughter will be sailing the Glory in a few weeks. She is having trouble trying to find out if the ship stays on Miami (EDT) or if the ship changes to Island time at each port. She has called Carnival and received different answers. Can you, or anybody, tell me how the ship handled the time?

Glory is one of my favorites, she makes for a great cruise. I would love to go into details, but I am currently at the airport after my Liberty cruise. Click the hyperlink for my photo review in my signature, I hope it helps. Feel free to ask any questions you may have, it's still active!

Enjoy your cruise!

I posted a recent review just this week. It was our third cruise and by far the worst. Cabin steward skipped us first night, MDR staff was a joke and passengers were very rude and disrepectful to the crew. We did not encounter this on our 2 previous cruises. We won't cruise out of Miami again or on the Glory. Just my family experience and opinion.

I'm sorry your cruise was a let down, but please don't let your experiences on a 4-day cruise dictate what you do in the future. (I read your original review.)

We did a b2b on the Glory the first two weeks in March. The change in atmosphere on the ship between the two weeks was amazing! The difference? The second week cruise was full of both kids and college students on spring break. Lots of drinking going on and the college kids just took over the pool and hot tubs. (I counted 22 in one hot tub alone!) Security was trying to control the situation, but not always being successful. I suspect the passengers on your cruise might have also been spring breakers...and a 4-day cruise just attracts a different clientel than what sails on a 7-day cruise.

Honestly we never passed by a crew member that didn't smile and say hello to us. The waiters in the MDR seemed to be overworked, but they still had a smile on their face. Even though we did YTD on the second week, we saw our waiters several times from the first week and they would always stop and talk and even give us hugs!

I do know where you are coming from however. We are in our upper 50's yet came away from our first Princess cruise feeling like we were out of place because we were so YOUNG! It seemed like most of the passengers were using walkers or scooters to get around the ship! In hindsight, I'm sure the passengers were an older group because of the time of year we cruised and the fact that it was a 10-day cruise...longer than most working people would be on. Our second cruise on Princess was a totally different experience...but we were traveling in the summer on a shorter cruise. :)

Anyway...my point is that the time of year, the length of the cruise, etc. probably has more to do with your experience than which ship or which port!

Edited by AryMay

I did my first Carnival cruise on Glory in January of 2013 and had a magnificent time. It was truly an amazing experience and I've been looking forward to another cruise very soon.

I finally booked another one on Glory for February of 2016. We're doing almost the exact same itinerary, except this time we are going to Half Moon Cay instead of Nassau.

My BFF of 30 years is joining me for her first cruise and we are so flippin' excited for it. Glory was a wonderful experience. We had a great steward, the service staff were on top of their game, the crew was positive and appeared to love what they do, and I met lots of new people I still keep in contact with to date.

Cruising is what you make of it. Don't set your expectations too high. It's not a luxury/4-star experience. It's a reasonable way to see lots of different beautiful locations, eat a variety of foods you do not have to make, drink froo-froo drinks you wouldn't normally partake of, and to acquire some sun and relax. Plus, when you leave your room, it's clean when you return. Who could ask for anything more for less than $1k per person per week?

Our daughter will be sailing the Glory in a few weeks. She is having trouble trying to find out if the ship stays on Miami (EDT) or if the ship changes to Island time at each port. She has called Carnival and received different answers. Can you, or anybody, tell me how the ship handled the time?

When we sailed on the Glory a couple weeks ago we stayed on Miami time.

I have been on the Glory twice. They change times depending on where they are. They will give fair warning to everyone. Depending on what you are expecting will dictate whether you have a great time or not. We went onboard to rest and relax and that is what we did. We had a good time. I would suggest flex dining so you can meet different people. Also, I enjoyed the breakfast in the dining room more than the buffet. Shows are shorter and the wait staff at the main dining room are fewer so expect the service level to go down. I still think it is a good ship with a good crew.