Best way to get to SEATAC from Pier 66

G-DawgMN

We will be ending our cruise in Seattle and have a few hours to spend in Seattle before we have to head to the airport.

I have a few questions:

1. Is there a place to store luggage at the pier after we get off the ship?

2. How far of a walk is it to downtown Seattle/ Pikes?

3. What is the best way to get from the pier to the airport? How long will it take?

Thank you for any help you can give us!

There is a left luggage service until 3:30 pm. I don't know if NCL or Oceania (since you're at Pier 66, it's one of the two) offers a service to schlep your checked luggage to the airport for you, but it might be a viable adjunct to luggage storage. Almost all of our cabs and TNCs (UberX, Lyft) are Priuses, so luggage space isn't huge for two people.

It's a super-short walk to downtown and Pike Place Market - look in the FAQ at the top of the forum for instructions on how to get to a wine shop from Pier 66, and you'll be at the north end of the Market! With pictures!

I use UberX on an almost daily basis in Seattle. Pier 66 to the airport via Hwy 509/518 should run you $30-40 and the wait time for a car should be just a few minutes. I'd expect 25 minutes of travel time with traffic delays that could stretch that to 45, but are unlikely.

You could also, if travelling lightly, walk four blocks from the Market to the Westlake Center light rail station and take the train to the airport departures level in about 45 minutes for $3 each. There's exhaustive detail in that same FAQ under public transit (post 38).

Edited by VibeGuy
  • Like 1