Millennium Activities for Teens

phychoice

We've been to Alaska twice (third sailing is May 29) and we've been on Millie twice as well. Bingo will happen on each sea day. There will be trivia, cooking contest, pool volleyball competition and more. If there are enough teens participating in the Teen program, they will put together activities for them too. Enjoy your cruise, we love Alaska and Celebrity!

Alaska cruises aren't so much about the ship as it is about the scenery and ports. On a 7 day Alaska cruise, you have more ports than sea days, so planned activities will be less because they really don't do much on port days. On the Mille cruise, there's only one sea day with the rest being ports and one day cruising the glacier. Knowing that, I don't think you'll see a lot of organized activities, at least not like you would if there were more sea days.

Don't know what you mean by tournaments, but if you're meaning organized competitions for sport activities, I've not seen things like that on Celebrity. They may have a couple of pool activities, but that's about it. I've not seen any "cooking contests" but cooking demonstrations that you just sit and watch. There is bingo, some trivia (not nearly as many trivia games as they used to have), and the kids club might have more activities, but as I said, you're on a cruise that's all about the ports and not much about being on the ship.

Edited by cruisead

We went on Solstice in Aug, 2013 and the pool was too cold to use. They did open the solarium for a brief period a couple times, but as previous poster said the cruise is port intensive.

That being said, each evening the teens in particular were running/haning around in packs largely just sitting around and talking, watching shows. Some organized activities through the club, but they largely figure out how to go their own way.