Cheers program gratuity

tutumomma

Yes, but not sure why you would wait until you reach international waters. No advantage in doing that, as the cheers program cost is the same whether you buy it when you board or wait until international waters

Certain states you have no choice. New York and Texas have state laws

Edited by limoguy1

Can you purchase the Cheers card when you get in international waters on the first day when leaving out of Charleston?

its my understanding, you can buy Cheers once on the ship departing Charleston

Edited by limoguy1

Yes, but not sure why you would wait until you reach international waters. No advantage in doing that, as the cheers program cost is the same whether you buy it when you board or wait until international waters

An earlier post in this thead said it had to be purchased on the 2nd day if going out of Charleston.

I still don't understand why you can't buy it in advance like every other major cruise line. Nobody would have to worry about when they could actually purchase onboard if you could buy in advance.

It must be that it inflates their onboard revenue by forcing people to buy it on the ship rather than in advance.

Some people may prefer to buy onboard if they have OBC, but I am sure many like myself would prefer to pay in advance and have it paid for already.

The Cheers program cannot be purchased until you reach international waters when departing New York.

I dont even think its worth it

I mean- who drinks 15 of em?

Limoguy1, your missing the point. It will pay for itself after 7 beers a day. Do the math.