Tiami - Tall ships tour

cubsr#1

I was in Barbados a few years ago and did the Tiami tour twice. It's a nice catamaran ride about 45 min or so to the snorkeling site. Once anchored and in the water, the crew baits fish and several HUGE turtles come to say hi, they will get up and VERY close, it was absolutely amazing. They do stop at a sunken barge which is cloudy water with little sealife around it. Luch was served with jerk chicken, macaroni casserole, salad etc. and of course all the beer, wine and other basic mixed drinks were included. Be sure to sit out on the very front of the catamaran, usually the wind picks up in the afternoons so you will get splashed a bit but will see through the netting your sitting on all the thousands of flying fish skimming across the water.

My recommendation.......definitely go, I will be back in March 06 and planning on this tour. The staff onboard are very nice and even handed me my drink of choice the second I stepped aboard. Have fun you won't be disappointed!

I didn't arrive on a cruise...flew in and spent 10 days, I believe we booked it directly with Tiami after the hotel staff gave us recommendations to go with them. I have found at times if you are arriving on a cruise and want to book seperate, tell them your flying in, the rates will be cheaper. All cruiselines make money off the excursions which is crap in my opinion. I did a helicopter tour in Antiga that cost me $75 more just because I was on RCCL.

I think I paid around $60-65 but that was about 2 years ago, so sounds right. There were about 25 people or so on each tour I did on Tiami. The catamaran is quite large and there was plenty of room for everyone. There are restrooms down below and covered seating if you want to get out of the sun.

Archived