Jamaica Culinary Tour "Taste of Falmouth"

buffy24

After much debate on what to do in Falmouth, I booked my husband and I on the "Taste of Falmouth" tour. It is a company run by two local sisters. The reviews on TripAdvisor were wonderful and Janet has been a dream to work with. Really looking forward to this tour on April 29th!

• 2 weeks later...

This was a wonderful tour. It was really a food and history tour. The guide, Sharon knew so much about the area and we even ran into the Mayor. The food was delicious too. We first had some fruit samplings from a local vendor: pineapple, papaya, watermelon and sugarcane. Then we stopped and had a meat pie with bread. Janet, one of the owners, met us at this stop and we got to talk to her for a while. Next stop was a fruit stand where we had fresh coconut water and some of the coconut jelly. We stopped at a local bar for jerk chicken (with some vegetables) and the option to purchase some red stripe or another drink, which we did. The final stop was in the gated backyard of someone's home, where we got to try 3 amazing coconut desserts. I may be forgetting a stop, but it was wonderful. We really enjoyed ourselves. You get a good amount of walking in, so be prepared for that. There were 4 couples in our group, and I believe they don't go over 12 people. I would recommend it highly.

I agree with buffy24. We took this tour in December and I highly recommend it. Seeing more of Falmouth than the port area was great too. I believe the house was where the tour company had their office, in addition to the fact that it was privately owned and we met the owner.

Jaci

• 3 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

To those who've taken this tour, do you consider it to be a "fun" tour? I've seen all the fantastic reviews and been very impressed by the booking process and communication from Janet.

My main concern is that my boyfriend will be bored. He's not much of a history person, and I know he has (unrealistically) high expectations for our Jamaica stop. I've been there before, he hasn't, and he leaves the tour arrangements up to me.

What I guess I'm asking is: do they keep it lively and entertaining?