Can I go back ashore after clearing embarkation security

Glasses1

We're joining the Norwegian Jade on the 2nd May and are wondering if it will be possible, time permitting obviously, to go back ashore once we've cleared security and been onboard. My son is very keen to take pictures of one of the canals, not any particular one just the nearest one to the port. I know there are are lot of very experienced cruisers on here and your advice would be very much appreciated.:)

We're joining the Norwegian Jade on the 2nd May and are wondering if it will be possible, time permitting obviously, to go back ashore once we've cleared security and been onboard. My son is very keen to take pictures of one of the canals, not any particular one just the nearest one to the port. I know there are are lot of very experienced cruisers on here and your advice would be very much appreciated.:)

I did the Jade last month.

We boarded in Rome (twice since B2B:)) Both times we were given a sticker that we obtained from the pursers. It had 'In transit" on it. THis allowed us to bypass everything and just walk back on.

Steve