Snuba

ldeflavia

The kids really want to try snuba in St. Thomas. Does anyone have any recommendations? In looking at the snuba tour offered through Royal Caribbean it doesn't have good reviews. Saying the groups are too big, a lot of waiting around, not much snuba time, staff not so good. Thinking of looking into doing it on our own. Wanted to see if anyone has done this, what their experience was like (whether through ship or on their own) and if they could recommend a company, and any thing else we should know. We are a group of 9 (4 adults and 5 kids)

Thanks!

• 2 weeks later...
The kids really want to try snuba in St. Thomas. Does anyone have any recommendations? In looking at the snuba tour offered through Royal Caribbean it doesn't have good reviews. Saying the groups are too big, a lot of waiting around, not much snuba time, staff not so good. Thinking of looking into doing it on our own. Wanted to see if anyone has done this, what their experience was like (whether through ship or on their own) and if they could recommend a company, and any thing else we should know. We are a group of 9 (4 adults and 5 kids)

Thanks!

Coral World has a great snuba experience. We just went there and did it. No excursion, prebooking, or anything. Took a taxi there, did the Coral World thing, then snuba and spent the rest of the day snorkeling on Coki. The snuba was a gift to my son from grandma, and it was just my son, age 13 and grandmas cousin age 60 something. It was so nice to have just the two of them in the group. I can't guarantee it would always be like that, but contact Coral World and see what they say. It was the highlight of the trip for my son and one of the best experiences he has ever had.

Coral World has a great snuba experience. We just went there and did it. No excursion, prebooking, or anything. Took a taxi there, did the Coral World thing, then snuba and spent the rest of the day snorkeling on Coki. The snuba was a gift to my son from grandma, and it was just my son, age 13 and grandmas cousin age 60 something. It was so nice to have just the two of them in the group. I can't guarantee it would always be like that, but contact Coral World and see what they say. It was the highlight of the trip for my son and one of the best experiences he has ever had.

Good to know he had a great experience with it! We ended up booking with VI Snuba that does it at Coral World (and we get passes for Coral World). It will only be our party in the group. Then we'll head over to Coki beach after to hang out. I think this will be better than doing it through the cruise line. We're looking forward to it in 3 weeks!