Question re: embarkation Barcelona

spartan dawg

My new husband and I are honeymooning on a West. Med. cruise and we embark in Barcelona on Saturday. The sail time is 7PM and they allow us to start embarking at 2PM. Is it possible to check into the ship at 2PM, then leave to explore the city and come back by 6PM to re-embark?

are you on Splender's sailing on the 17th ? I think that you can board after 11 am and leave the ship to sight see . we are on the same sailing and there is an informal meet and mingle of CC members on sat at 4pm in the Viking Crown lounge . the offical M&M is sunday at 5 in the same place

We sailed on the Splendor last september and we got to Barcelona 3 days prior to the cruise. If you are able to do that, you should take advantage of the best city in Spain, in my opinion. We checked out of our hotel at 11AM and took a taxi to the pier, about a 10-15 minute ride. When we got to the pier, we got right on to the ship with no waiting line or anything like that. We were able to go to the Windjammer Cafe and had lunch. They told us we could not get into our cabin until one o'clock so we decided to take a taxi ride back to the "downtown" are of Barcelona and walked around the shops and stores for awhile and then taxied back to the ship around 4PM. No problems at all. ENJOY!!!! ;)

Archived