Copenhagen/Kronborg Castle itinerary planning help needed

Hello,

We will be visiting Copenhagen in the afternoon of June 5th (flight arrived at 10:00 am) and the morning of June 6th prior to departing on our Disney Magic cruise.

We would like to visit some of the sights in Copenhagen (Little Mermaid, Tivoli, Nyhaven, Canal Cruise) as well as go to Kronborg Castle as our daughter loves Shakespeare. We are staying at Tivoli Hotel so figure we could do Tivoli in the evening.

My question is....do we go to Kronborg Castle on the afternoon of June 5th or the morning of June 6th. I wasn't sure if the June 5th holiday would pose a problem and how much time it would take to get there.

Also, how would we get to the castle from the Tivoli hotel? I believe it's by train but would appreciate more detailed direction.

For the short period of time we are there, is the Copenhagen card of any use to us? We want to get in as much as possible in the very short time we are there so are looking for the best use of time.

One more question please. We will take a taxi from the airport to the hotel and then to the Oceankaj port. On the return to the airport, we get in at 6 am and our flight is at 12:10 pm. Would we be best to take the Disney transfer as it is probably the easiest or would there be many taxis at that time of day? We are looking for the easy route!!! :)

Thank you kindly for any assistance you can provide. Can't wait to visit!

There should be no problems by going on the 5th.

But you say afternoon, you do realize that the castle closes at 17:30.

Whatever day you choose its very easy to get there.

From the nearby central station you just take the Øresundtog train to Helsingør, there is a departure every 20th minute and it takes around 45 minutes.

The Copenhagen Card will both cover transportation to Helsingør and entrance to the castle.

If you want to visit the nearby maritime museum then its also included.

I was at the pier Saturday afternoon with 2 ships in port and there was plenty of taxis, not saying it will be same in the morning.

My question is....do we go to Kronborg Castle on the afternoon of June 5th or the morning of June 6th. I wasn't sure if the June 5th holiday would pose a problem and how much time it would take to get there.

Were you able to find any tours that went to the Castle the morning you depart? I'd love to see the castle but I would be nervous about missing the ship if we tried it on our own (via the public train). We leave the day before you guys. Good luck!

vegs1, you are more ambitious than us. We also arrive on the 5th and taking the Magic on the 6th. I am worried about doing the few things we want to do in Copenhagen on Friday, let alone going out to Kronborg. Fortunately, we have a few days after the cruise to do that.

I would recommend doing Kronborg on Friday afternoon after your arrival and then stay close to Copenhagen if you want to do anything in the morning before you get on the ship on Saturday. The hotel should hold your luggage. The bad thing is that most things don't open until 10:00. The first canal cruise is 9:30 AM.

Thanks everyone for your replies. Especially Danish viking.

I am not at all worried about missing the ship. The trains are typically on time and if not, we will get a (pricey) cab!!! We don't normally enjoy group tours and enjoy getting out there and experiencing things.

Jenf22....we are not doing a tour to the castle...just taking the train and then will purchase the castle tour on arrival.

We don't have a lot of time but we always manage to fit in what we want to see.

Hope everyone's plans are falling into place. That's half the fun!!!

Happy Sailing!